Could still be Friends

Caleb Pov

I opened my eyes to meet my mother's eyes glaring at me. I knew she hated me for who I had become. But facing the hatred; was never easy to swallow. Listening to the wind, drift around me, and still drowning felt like a quick death and easy one. But all in all, I felt like something changed. That who I used to be is gone with shattered pieces of my past still confining me.

"Mom."

"How dare you risk that girl's life."She gritted her teeth.

"Did you think throughout this whole entire time that you almost lost me?" I sat up ignoring the immediate pounding of my head. My eyes sinking into its sockets.

"You are so selfish you know that."She turned and doesn't look at me.

" I never meant to put her life at risk, I've come to care for her more than most, mom she made me want to survive ."

"Some days I wish you died instead of Ethan." her voice comes out shaky. But the monster in it was unavoidable. "I didn't mean to say that Caleb, please don't hurt someone and blame it on chance." Her voice was mixed with so many emotions.

"Why do you call him that? he was my father, you make him out to be a stranger."

"There are things that can't be explained and I want you to believe in the idea that what I am doing is to protect you." She gripped her phone tighter. While finally turning to face me.

"He would never have killed himself right?" She finally faced me but remains dead silent.

"No he wouldn't have, he loved you, Caleb, things just happened." She held my hands.

" Things just happen, talk is cheap mom, Dylan killed him, when are you ever going to say anything about that, you just let him walk." I took her hands off." Why mom, Why did you let him go."

"Your dad would have wanted it that way." She smiles sadly while her hands trembled and she puts it away.

"When was the last time you took the pills Tyanna."

"Don't call me that."

"Why not, are you afraid he would know that you changed your name."

"No Caleb you know why we changed our names."

"No mom I don't, I was dragged along, after you dropped me off from one psychiatrist's house to the next." I felt the saliva in my throat dry up.

"Caleb when I did that it was. . ."

"Actually mom, I don't want to hear anymore."

"Caleb can you not do this here."

"So when are we going to do it, when are we going to talk about what happened down in the basement." I violently reached out to her and she pulled back. Her eyes were opened wide and her nerves acted up more.

"Mom, I'm sorry I didn't mean to." She picked up her purse and turns away looking at me.

"I have to go, the nurse said that you have to spend the rest of the day here." She keeps walking.

I looked down and noticed that my blood was seeping onto the bedsheets. Painting a bloody scenery near me.

"How long will we live like this?" I grabbed her shoulder. Tiering a bit of skin as I pulled on the iv. Blood spidering down.

"Get a nurse to clean that up." She finally looked back. Notifying that she knew that I was bleeding. Then walked away. Not looking at me. I felt empty. Like someone drained the rest of my energy.