it's Enough

Corinth Pov

We had been driving for a half an hour and we showed up at an abandoned house. The mail box was rusty and there were markings on it. As we neared it I leaned but I couldn't understand what was written there. The name wasn't Adams.

"Its where I use to live." He doesn't look at me but kept walking.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked turning him around. I wanted an explanation.

"Today is his death anniversary, I couldn't stand facing the people in that household today, I wanted to spend it with you." He grabbed my hands and kept walking. Not saying anything. His eyes held so much venom. I wandered how long he had been suffering alone.

As we entered the house, the darkness was unavoidable, light was only able to peak through the roofing that appeared to be cracked. Eerie sounds travelled through the house and made my skin scrawl. A bird flew into me and knocked me into his arms.

"Be careful this house is pretty old."

"Are you sure we should be here, do you think its healthy for you to have to physically relive this trauma." I freed myself from his arms.

"Lets say somewhere I changed, I wanted to know what it would feel like being here again after all these years but I didn't want to come alone." He runs his fingers over his lips.

"And I wanted it to be you that stood by my side in case, I couldn't stand the emotions that would come with being here." His eyes not daring to leave mines. His face went pale, pale enough to contradict everything. I reached out to touch his hardened jawline and I didn't stop myself this time. Gliding across his features. Feeling how tensed his body became when his history stood before him. Face to face we are weakened. Held back by the what ifs and the what could have been.

How different life would be if only time gave us a redo button.

"Thank you for choosing me." I wrapped my arms around him and stood on my tippy toes and kissed him gently on his cheeks. I felt him loosened. His hands coerced around me and we stood there in that moment. Embedded in each others embrace.

"There is no one else that was meant for me." He lifted me up and placed each of my legs on their respective side and kisses me softly. Causing tingles to travel through me. My lips trembled under him. We kissed ignoring the insanity of this world. No demons or shadows could deny us destiny when we were able to defeat it together. I pulled back and smiled at him.

His eyes were still closed.

"Caleb." I cleared my throat and leaned in to pull him back to reality.

"Just one more." He smirked. Holding me tighter and takes my lips for another journey. My heart rate sped up and our lips did contortions together devouring eachother's. Living in the moment that we created. I could hear his heart beating against mines. Beating uncontrollably, fighting to feel the thud of the other and who were we to stop them.

"Should we go do what you came to do." I chuckled. We were now panting. Fighting to send our nerves and pulses back to its original state.

"We probably should." He said and takes my hand. We walked toward a basement. There were broken chairs layed around, and caution tape was smeared on the furniture. He pretended to be strong. But I felt all of his nerves.

"I'm here." I reassured him. Tightening the hold on his hand. He doesn't say anything but amidst the silence I felt the gratitude.

We came to a staircase, it was decorated with spider web branching from one stair to the other. The wall had portraits, which complemented the color ; although it wasnt clear to see. I titled my head to the side to makeout the words that were written. Forever by your side I'd stay.