Chances

Derricks Pov

It all happened so fast. One moment Corinth was standing awaiting Caleb's collision and the next she was gone. Kimmy and I had been back and forth.The building was large and students were packed in every corner. Doing drugs and sucking each others face off.

"Kimmy, I haven't seen her." I answered back, but it was rather enough to drive her further into panic. When we met at the bottom of the stairs. Her eyes were red and the veins were lucid.

"Where is she God damn it?" A tear rolled down her cheeks and she looked up at me with hope in her eyes.

"We are going to find her, we will and she will be ok." I reassured her wiping away the tear that stained her cheeks. "Have hope." I reached over and planted a kiss on her right cheek.

Caleb walked toward us, his eyebrows lowered forming a v above his nose bridge. His hair disheveled as though he had been suffering alone. His breathing vicious.

"Corinth." Was all that escaped his lips, anger percolating out to meet ours. I looked down at his knuckles which were bruised and blood was smeared into the creases.

"What's wrong Caleb?" Kimmy interjected while her frustration was bubbling over.

"Something happened." He informed and turned around; expressing that we followed him.

We walked through a dark corridor, Kimmy's hands crept up to meet mines. I could hear her heart pound from within her chest.

"She, will be ok right?" She kept repeating as though a ritual. "Won't she?" She looked up at me her eyes with filled with so much hope. But how was I to tell her that she just might not be.

"I don't know." I swallowed audibly while taking loud strides toward Caleb. Facing forward not daring to look at Kimmy anymore.

He pushed opened the door. There Corinth laid, her dress was torn off, her body wasn't moving, her lips pale and her makeup was drenched on her face. There were lines prevalent where tears had just been. I almost froze.

Kimmy's hand left mines, she ran towards Corinth, her sob loud and I could hear her heart, as it was breaking more than before. I couldn't move. Was she dead? was she ok?

No one could hear and no one could answer.

"Caleb." I turned to look at him, his body still shaking. Words escaped his lips but I couldn't hear them as though time exempted me from all things audible.

"Corinth, I'm so sorry." I neared kimmy who kept saying those words. I placed my hands on her back as support but she shifted them off.

Corinth's was exposed and as I was about to cover her, Caleb placed a sheet unto it and wrapped her in it.

"I didn't want to just put a shirt, she needed to be properly covered."

"I'm taking her."

"What?" Kimmy snapped.

"I spoke to her mom it's the best solution there is." He continued fixing the sheets, making sure every bit of her was covered from the worlds consuming eyes.

"She needs to not be here when she wakes up, and I have somewhere that I can take her away from all of this. The officer that I called knew my dad and he agreed as well since she wasn't penetrated and she would answer the questions after her time to recuperate."

"What happened, who did this?" Kimmy asked reaching out and holding Caleb's hand.

"Luke." He gritted his teeth.

"When I was first approaching her, he came up to her instead and I allowed my emotions to get the best of me. I went outside to get some fresh air but something felt wrong." He clenched his jaw.