Bring me Back

Corinth

The drive was claustrophobically stifling. Caleb seemed to still be upset with his mom and I felt afraid to say anything considering that he hated my dad.

I wondered how much it would change everything. Would he really let go?

Jess well Tyanna didn't say much either; but from time to time she would glance up in the rearview mirror and smile sadly at me. I couldn't help but stare outside. The trees unaffected by the horror my thoughts allowed to spiral.

I fixed my dress across my legs. Briefly I thought back to letting Caleb take all of me. To him asking me to spend eternity with him. But I remembered, that it was if time permitted. I wish I could tell him that my dad was innocent.

"Corinth, we're here." Jess pulls me out of my state of reverie and I smiled at her. Ignoring Caleb's stare.

I placed my purse over my shoulder and unlocked the door. Coming into full view with my home. I felt my chest sink a bit. My mom would want answers but I couldn't give them to her.

Walking toward the house, thinking that tomorrow was Christmas and that school was right around the corner. Exams, College and a future that I was now entirely unsure of.

"Corinth, wait." Caleb hands snake around my waist and I took in a mouth full of air. "What happened back there. . ."

"Its fine." I don't allow him to finish. For some reason I didn't want answers; I just wanted time to think.

"No it isn't." He nestled his face into my neck and I felt like crying. I wanted to comfort him. But he already hated me before he met me. Who I was to him was merely an offspring of a murderer. That he didn't know yet.

"Caleb, I love you." I spun around in his arms and lightly kissed his lips. " Would that be enough?" I couldn't meet his stare and I focused on the ground admits us.

"Yes, it's more than enough." He kisses me back and a tear slid down.

"Why are you crying?" He asked holding my face in his hands. I My eyes still not looking up to meet his.

"I'm happy that's all." I smiled and held up my hand with the promise ring." You promised to love me, through it all." I looked into his hazel eyes.

"Through it all." I swallowed. If only he knew what I meant.

"I should get going." I gently pulled away and his eyes flashed a bit of hurt.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and turned to walk away.

"You shall." I whispered lightly as I looked at his frame grow distant. He climbed back into his mothers car. He threw me one final look and I felt my insides collide.

"Corinth." My door swung open and my mother ran toward me. She greeted me with a hug and I was entirely unsure of why.

"Mom, is everything ok?" I hugged her back.

"Jess told you, didn't she?" Her hug grew tighter.

"Why didn't you tell me, mom?"

"I'm so sorry, when she contacted me to help her get a job, I hoped that Caleb had forgotten, but turns out, he didn't."

"Mom he thinks dad killed Ethan." I pulled back slowly and a tear raced down. " We need to tell him the truth."

"We all promised not to, his dad wanted it that way." Her face was drenched in tears. Her cheeks were red and her eyes were swollen and puffy.

"Mom, is that ?" Joshua comes into view.

"Your sister is home." Mom places her hand around my shoulder.