Just let go

Caleb Pov

Listening in to her heartbeat as she slept made me feel guilty. I wish the answer to the question I first asked her would be fare. That I could give her the answer that I wanted in return. That she would accept her past in return for me.

Her head full of hair wrapped across my chest. She was everything I prayed for. I became so cliche when it came to Corinth. Even this awkward nickname I gave her that had stuck in my thoughts.

Her lips were paradise, not in a pleasurable way but in a way that made me feel safe. Connected to her the world made sense. Everything that was corrupt and blurry came alive and I could live. But why did I choose my past?

I guess the love for my father was greater. Did I love Corinth. I feel like I did. But how did she feel? That scared me the most.

Her past along with mines was insanity bundled together, hoping for a ray of light. We were broken lights used to help one another see. Why was the devil so wicked?

The cold winter breeze. Her lips trembled and I felt the need to kiss it so I did. When she squirmed I felt my heart leap. Like a little child she was nestled in my neck. It did turn me on a bit. But she was so fragile, somedays I was afraid to touch her in fright that she would splinter before me.

But I wanted to risk it, hoping that I could save her alongside myself. Her skin was my kryptonite aswell as my lucidity. Love did crazy things to people. Steering us off into hell if we allowed it.

"Caleb." My name left her lips and I bit mines in protest. The way it slid off her tongue. Reminded me why Id would rather hear her say it once before I died than listening to anyone else say it for the rest of my existence. I took off my jacket while trying my best not to wake her, looking at her unconscious frame, protected by me.Making her warm felt like my goal in life in that moment.

"Caleb aren't you asleep?" Hey blue eyes peeped open but with the same speed it closed. Causing me to breathe out harshly. I held my breath and I wasn't sure why.

I closed my eyes accepting the fate of the night. The cold wind beating against my features. I held her tightly to keep her warm and allowed the night to take me.

********

"These teenage kids." A faint hoarse voice wakes me but my body initially fought it and my eyes slowly approached sleep once more.

"Get up you porn stars." He kicked me causing Corinth to fall out of my arms and unto the floor. She was a very heavy sleeper considering that she barely even flinched. The fact that he made her body touch the flooring made me angered. But I promised not to hurt anyone because of what she explained to me.

"I use to live here." I stood up looking into the saggy eyes of an old man. He looked familiar. His hair was grey and disheleved and covered with a hat that had blotches of paint on it.

"And I use to look like you when I was younger." He mocked as he looked down at Corinth's sleeping frame.

"Do you think if I looked like you she would bang me?" The words slipped from his mouth as he licked his lips. All sanity abandoned me and I swung a cuff, landing it into his jaw. He stumbled back and a bit of blood seeps through and he licked it.

"Don't you dare talk about her in that way you old piece of. . ."

"Caleb." Corinth's blue eyes opened and it dazzled in the sun light. I could tell she was scared by the way she was fiddling with her lips.

"Hey sweetie, you found a good guy, I made a smug joke and he was ready to knock the rest of my tooth out." He smiled showing off a row of missing tooth.