The ventilation

Corinth

Kimmy stepped in smiling. " I'm here." She shaked her hands in a celebratory manner, while smiling; but I could tell she felt something besides that.

"Hey." My voice comes out rough. As I looked everywhere but her familiar blue eyes.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" Her voice wavered and all the guilt came flooding in. " I never meant to stay away. I never meant to leave you that long Corinth."

"So why did you?" I turned my body to lay on my side; while placing my two hands under my face.

" I'll leave you two to talk." Joanna voice fades a bit before I hear the door open. " I hope, you work it out." she says before the door closes a few seconds later.

"I can try." Kimmy voices and looks at Joanna as she walks out the door and throws her a grateful smile. I turned back not wanting her to see that I was looking at the two of them.

"Corinth, for what it's worth, I only listened to what your mom said, she told the nurses not to let anyone in and I met Joanna last week and I begged her to let me see you." Kimmy sounds choked up. I wanted to let everything slide, I wanted to turn around and tell her that I missed her too.

"Corinth you have to understand, that I have always been praying for you." Kimmy walks toward me and I can feel the pain in her tone. I knew whenever she was on the verge of crying by the way her lips trembled through her words.

"What about Caleb?" I turned to look at her.

"Your mom told him to stay away from you."

" He fought for you, Corinth he did, he even wrote letters, she said she would pass them along, did she?"

"He did?" I became interested, suddenly wanted answers about a guy that I wished I could forget, but I didn't actually want to. Every part of me hoped that one day he would walk through the doors to this asylum and save me. So the letters were from him.

"Yeah, he did, he wanted to be here today, although he promised to stay away from you, he told me to pass on whatever you share with me today."

"Can you get me out of here?" I felt compelled to leave to finally escape the claws of hatred dissecting me.

"Corinth, your mom. . ."

"Its either you do or you don't, if you aren't going to fight for me, then you can leave." My voice wasn't keen on being sweet.

"Okay Corinth, I'll take you." She looked around the room and I removed the Iv from my hand. " Is that safe?"

"I wanted to be a doctor, I've watched numerous videos on how to remove an iv. " I smiled as I lightly kissed the area.

The door swung open and my eyes made four with Joanna's as she stood at the entrance: with her arms folded.

"What are you guys doing?" She stopped.

"I can't stay here." I stood up and flung my coat that sat on the bedside unto my shoulders. It took a lot out of me too, considering the sleeping pills that they gave were strong and often left me to wander my thoughts.

"I can lose my job for this, I already risked it all for you to have a visitor, Corinth isn't that enough?"

"No it isn't, I am thankful, but I need to leave, I'm sorry." A tear raced down my cheeks. " please help me, one last time."

"Corinth I'm Sorry, I can't lose my job over this, I am the only one in my house that has a stable job, my mom is sick." She goes on to explain as she looks between Kimmy and I.