I think I love you

Corinth

We walked into the restaurant hand in hand. I always despised couples that did that; when I first entered my teenage years. I was like who wants to share their hand sweat. He made me feel complete. Looking over at those hazel eyes that yearned to meet mines. The intensity in every stare. Craving his touch and craving his hold.

The restaurant had a sparkly chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The lights dancing on the tables. The walls were painted a tinted grey and there were emerald green walls that acted as an accent to the establishment. I immediately thought about Alexa her eyes so innocent and pretty, but what she did was something I'd never be able to look past.

The servers wore black and white clothing and the female's faces were well painted with makeup. whereas the males wore, white shirts with bow ties.

There were a lot of people here but Caleb knew the owner and got us in; when we arrived. The majority of the people that were there before us threw us wicked glares that could burn a hole into our skin if it so chose. Others just muttered harsh words under their breath.

"Do you like it?" Caleb turned to look at me after speaking to the lady that greeted us at the desk. His smile was so pure, if the world was ending the last thing that I would want to see, would be his smile.

"I love it." I smiled.

"I hoped that you would." He took my hand in his once again and we walked toward a table to the far back of the room.

"Good night I will be your server for tonight." A pretty blonde came to our service, her hair pulled back in a neat one like mines was, before Caleb yanked out my hair tie. I noticed the way her eyes were devouring Caleb. I was almost compelled to say something.

"Hi." I spat out in a wicked tone. Caleb glanced over to me when he feels the unfamiliar tone.

"I'll be back with the menu." She smiled while sending Caleb a wink.

"What was that about?" Caleb asked as he pulled out a seat for me.

"Nothing." I threw up a fake smile and made myself comfortable in the chair.

"Don't lie Polaris, you are terrible at it." He pouted while moving over to take a seat while his eyes never left mines.

"There is no reason to feel intimidated by her." Caleb pursued like she wasn't a complete goddess.

"She is gorgeous." I insisted.

"Polaris when I look at you the world stops when I don't even see her." He picks up the menu and places it before me.

"Now would you like to order?" He said in a suggestive tone.

The lady returned and before she could speak Caleb intercepted.

"I'm not interested in you, don't flirt with me it makes me nauseous." His eyes focus on mines.

"I'm sorry I just thought." She stuttered in embarrassment.

"Polaris dear would you like to order." He ordered confidently once again not allowing the blonde to respond. She flipped her hair behind her back and narrows her eyebrows.

"I'll have the lasagna dish and what are you having Caleb?"

"What she is having."He responded and threw her a fake smile and raised one eyebrow.

She doesn't respond but grabbed up the menus and stomped off.

Both of us erupted into laughter.

"That was a bit harsh."

"It's better to be harsh and direct than mislead someone and actually make them believe that they remotely have a chance when they don't."