Easy Goodbyes

Corinth's Pov

"Caleb." I froze the tray crashed to the floor. Causing the hot coffee to spill all over my feet that were only protected by the toes and heels.

"I'm so sorry." I immediately rushed down to collect the cups.

"Don't." Caleb's hands grabbed mines. I pulled back and looked up at him. My heart was on display. My eyes dazzling under his intense stare. He Smelt like alcohol and his eyes were stained blood red.

"Its fine." I got up and he grabbed my hands once more. Causing his frame to stagger. why was he so drunk?

"Polaris please." He voiced as he stood up to face me. He swayed a bit. The girl from before was speechless she didn't say much.

"Don't call me that." My voice wavered. I didn't want him to see me cry. Not to see me weak ever again. He didn't deserve that part of me anymore.

"I'm sorry." His voice trembled as he pulled me in tightly.  He looked down and noticed the Necklace still hanging from my neck. I never mustered the mental strength to remove it. His eyes meet mines immediately.

"Caleb, what's going on here? Who is this poor bitch."

"She said to let go, dude." Bryson came and pushed Caleb off. Standing to my defense.

"Polaris don't do this, please stay by my side." His voice trembled, a tear trickled down the side of his face." you promised." His voice went low and his eyes were focused on me.

"Please leave Caleb." I looked away.

"Who is she, Caleb? The girl asked again. Caleb harshly rubbed his eyes.

"Someone I use to know." His voice sharpened. He grabbed her by her hand and they left.

I staggered back a bit, my eyes got watery and I tried my best to hold in all that I was feeling. My mind-melting and my heart thudding loudly inside of my chest. I clenched my jaw a bit as a tear knocked for me to surrender. Bryson took my hand and squeezed it as he focused on me, with low breaths and no words and It was more than enough to soothe me. He smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thank you," I whispered into his hug. 

"No need to thank me, but I mean you can always have sex with me." He joked.

"Very funny." I chuckled. I pulled back and smiled at him bravely." Who knew your perverted ways could help."

We both laughed profusely. I even went to lengths as to slapping my knee like an idiot.

"You should laugh more often or even smile, you actually look attractive when you do." He paused looking at my features.

"Anyone looks attractive to you." I pursed my lips and lifted one eyebrow.

"That may be true, but you should smile more often. " he insisted as he grabbed the mop and bucket from behind.

"Thanks, I almost forgot that I was still covered in coffee." I smiled while removing my soiled apron.

"Keep stripping." He winked. "I'm gonna get some cups, I'll be back."

"Weirdo." I grabbed the mop as well as the bucket and started cleaning while shifting the tables. The room smelt densely of the coffee. It was enticing for some odd reason.

"I visited this Coffee shop quite sometimes, but this is the first time it perfectly allured me in." Shenelle's dad entered.

He was dressed sharply in a black and white tuxedo. I wondered where he was coming from.