Chapter 1: Suicide

Disclaimer: This chapter contains suicidal actions. If that makes you uncomfortable, here's a spoiler. Deku gets an OP quirk.

Izuku Midoriya was a normal teenager in an abnormal world. This is a world where  80% of the population possessed a quirk, which was a unique and special superpower. Some were weak, some were strong, but regardless, they were all something.

Izuku had a very strange situation. It definitely wasn't good, but it could've been worse. Izuku had a quirk, but he didn't know what it was yet. He knew he had one because of the single joint in his pinky toe, but nobody knew what it was. It hadn't manifested itself.

This led to a large problem. He would be the subject to many bully's entertainment and would get constantly made fun of and beat up because people thought he was quirkless. No matter how many times he tried telling people he had one, it would always be no use.

It had always been his dream to become a hero like All Might. Even without a quirk, he had a massive determination. He would take notes on every pro hero he could find, trying to learn everything in order to help him do well without a quirk. This, of course, meant that he wanted to go to U.A. high. This was the #1 hero school in the world. Everyone wanted to go there, including him, but it was nearly impossible.

Sadly, without a quirk, it was pretty much impossible. Contrary to him, Katsuki Bakugo was pretty much guaranteed a spot in the hero course. Bakugo was also Izuku's worst bully. They used to be "friends", but once Izuku didn't manifest a quirk, Bakugo turned on him.

"Ok class, I'd give you a quiz on what you wanted to be in the future, but I think you all want to go to a hero school."

The entire class released all of their quirks and started cheering.

"Hey teach, don't lump me in with these extras. They'll be lucky to end up as a sidekick to a 4th rate agency," Bakugo said. The rest of the class got angry and told him that he was being a jerk and was too cocky.

"I aced the UA mock exam! Face it! IM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS DUMP WHO HAS WHAT IT TAKES! ILL BE THE RICHEST, MOST FAMOUS HERO TO EVER LIVE!!!"

"Mr. Midoriya, didn't you apply to U.A. as well?" The teacher asked.

Bakugo was furious.

"HEY DEKU!! DON'T YOU DARE GO TO THE ENTRANCE EXAM! DON'T GET IN MY WAY YOU QUIRKLESS LOSER!!"

"W-well, I-I thought it couldn't hurt to t-try... they allowed q-quirkless p-people to take th-the test..."

By then the rest of the class had left, so the only people in the room were those two and Bakugo's two friends. Bakugo looked to the side and saw a notebook with Izuku's name on it.

"Huh?! What's this bullshit?! A hero notebook?! You actually think you can do something with this?! Don't make me laugh!"

"P-please give it b-back Kacchan"

"Oohhhkayyy Deku!" He blew up the book, burning it terribly.

Izuku began to cry, seeing it destroyed.

"You know Deku, if you really want to go to U.A., there may be another way."

Izuku turned around in shock, looking at Katsuki.

"Maybe you should pray for a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!"

Bakugo and his friends were laughing and walked out of the classroom.

'I am useless... without a quirk... maybe he's right. Maybe I should jump off the roof. My life can't get any better...'

Izuku found his way to the roof and stared down.