|| Chapter 13: Her Protector ||

"AISHHH!! Damn Cale! Why is your phone out of coverage???" I tried to call her but her phone was out of coverage!

Cale has a phobia of thunder sounds. When she heard that kind of sounds, she will hurriedly go on a small corner, hide her head into her small arms and she will cry so loud. We were still 9 years old back then. Me and her family had a vacation together. We were celebrating for our company's new received contract and it was a great privilege for us! That's why we decided to have a company party, and at the same time, celebrating by having a vacation with Cale's Family. The moment we arrived at the resthouse, it was still 8am at the morning. The sun was shining so brightly as all of us had fun. Me, Cale, her dad and stepmom, my dad and my mom. Of course, Jung Ae was still not in the world.

It's already 8:30 pm, raining so hard with the loud thunderstorms heard in the resthouse. We were going out to eat that night but she was nowhere to be found. All of us were finding Cale in this heavy rain. After 30 minutes, we found her below in a small tree and she was crying so hard. She was sitting down hugging her knees with her arms and her head hidden. We found her in about 9pm that time. She had a trauma and since that day, she had a phobia of thunder sounds.

That's how I remembered why she had that kind of phobia. We were still small back then so I didn't really remembered what happened before and after she had the trauma. But I can still remember her face in that moment! And damn I can't let that happen to Cale again!

"Cale!!" I opened each door of the rooms that I passed by but CALE IS NOT THERE!

"Have you seen Cale?" I continued asking anyone I can see but they still don't know where is Cale!

I heard that thunder again! AISH CAN YOU STOP!! I CAN'T STILL SEE WHERE IS CALE!! Cale where are youuu!!

"H-Hey miss are you okay??" I kneeled down to the girl I saw. She was sitting near the comfort room. I suppose she also hates thunder sounds. I keep shaking her softly to ask her if she's okay. "Miss are you okay?? Did you see Cale?" I asked her as she nodded slowly. DAMN I HEARD THAT THUNDER AGAIN! The girl in front of me covered her ears with her small hands as she heard the storm.

"Miss, I'm sorry but I really need to go to Cale.. Where is she??" She slowly pointed at rhe comfort room. "C-Comfort room.." She said in a low tone. "Thank you.." I said to her back. Before I could stood up, the girl grabbed my hands and pulled it towards her. She hugged me so tight and I couldn't do anything as she was also terrified because of the loud sound. "It's okay miss.. I understand." I said to her as I kissed her forehead. She looked at me and I just smiled at her. I really need to go to Cale now!! "B-Bella" I raised my left eyebrow in confusion. "I'm K-Kyung Bella.." She said and then I left her. I ran fastly inside the comfort room.

"Duhh!! It's good for her.. In that way, she will realize that no one is going to help her in that condition!" I heard the girl said while applying powder into her face. I furrowed my eyebrows in anger as she said that. Before I could answer her, I heard a loud sobbing sound on of the cubicle. "C-CALE!!" I didn't mind the girls as they were also starting to move out from the comfort room. I ran to the last cubicle as I heard the sobbing again. I opened it and there she is. I felt her fear at the moment. I hugged her tightly as she was still crying. She was hugging her knees with her arms. "Shhh.. I'm here Cale.." I mumbled out softly as I kissed her forehead. "I'm here Cale.. Don't cry shhh.." I said as I carried her outside from the comfort room.

The students were looking at us as we went outside. Cale was still crying, I carried her in a bridal way. "Shhh Cale.. Don't you remember, I said you should protect yourself always especially when I'm not there?" She continued sobbing, and I just let her be.

"J-Jungk-kook.." I sighed in relief as I heard her voice again. I moved my sight to her as I saw her face on my chest. I can still feel her fear right now. But it's already not as worse as earlier. I felt the warm wetness on my shirt caused by her tears. She was still sobbing. "Shh, It's okay Cale. I'm here. I arrived." I placed her first before I grabbed my phone to call her driver.

"Cale, don't do it again okay? I almost had a heart attack finding for you.." I said as I patted her back softly.