|| Chapter 19: Memorable Night ||

"See?? You are so glamorous and magnificent!" Mom Naeun said while putting some make up on my face.

It's already 5:30pm and I'm sure there are lots of visitors, relatives and friends by now outside. Well, as might be expected, mostly of the visitors will be my mom's companions and some comrades. As what I can remember in my last birthday party which was held in our old resthouse, the guests were mainly from Mom Naeun's pals and some close friends from outside country.

My birthday party is only held in my house today. This was the first time I'll celebrate my birthday in my house, because since I was born, every birthday parties of mine are always held either in hotel or resorts.

I don't know why Mom Naeun decided to held my birthday here in our house, owing to the fact that she really don't like our parties being held in our own homestead. But I instantly recalled when Mom Naeun said something to me a while ago. "Enjoy the rearmost days of your life Cale. Be you and show your greatest smile to all the people you see. Got it dear?"

I don't really understood what she meant by those words. But I will not focus on that today especially it's my day today. I can't wait to see Kookie today! I really hope he could attend!!

"Ohh? Why is my daughter smiling? I'm wondering what she's thinking right now, hmm?" Both of us chuckled and Mom Naeun just continued setting the pink blush on my left cheek.

I still couldn't get away from the thought that I'm very fortunate and so lucky to be a daughter of this kind of family. Imagine? I even have a birthday parties in hotels, but the children in the streets and those who are less fortunate, they are only able to eat once or twice a day. I'm so sad to the fact that I am enjoying my life blissfully, while others are doing their very best to earn money just to make their family have something to eat everyday.

I know that I am rude for not helping those leff-fortunate people that I saw in the streets from time to time, but sometimes I also wish that I could experience their life. I don't want to live in a life where I'll only be dependent to money. I want to experience a life who really sacrifices themselves for their own and their family.

I am very blessed to be in a family like this, especially with Mom Naeun because since my dad is sometimes not here in the house, Mom Naeun is always the one who takes a good care to me. I am also very happy to have my Jungkookie! My one and only Kook. Since I was just a kid, I can already foresee my future with him!! AHHHHH!! I wish you'll also like me the way I like you Kookie~

"We're finally done setting your makeup!! Now, I want you to wear this Cale.." Mom Naeun handed me a cute box, and I'm sure it's a jewelry. But as soon as I opened the box, I realized it's not only an ordinary jewelry!

"Do you remember that necklace?" I nodded at Mom Naeun. But why? Why is she letting me wear my real mom's necklace??

"It's your mom's necklace. And I want you to wear it for your most memorable night.." My eyes teared for a bit when I grabbed the necklace. I know I didn't saw my real mom in person for my whole life, but this is the only most precious thing my real mom left for me before she died.

"B-But, why Mom Eun Ae?" I asked her in confusion. I don't know why she let me wear my mom's necklace. As what I know, Mom Naeun just wants me to wear some jewels that are brand new and bought by her that's why she hid it.

"I know that you are really dying to see your mom in person. And since this night will be really indelible, I want you to take it and wear it for today." She took the necklace from my hands, and placed it on my neck. I am so so lucky to have a stepmother like Mom Naeun! But sometimes, she's just really weird. She's saying something as if it's my last day or I'm leaving. But I'm still happy to have Mom Naeun in my life. She is the best stepmom in the world! Not like Cinderella's stepmother~