dix-sept: arcade adventures

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:"arcade adventures"

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
"arcade adventures"

They had been in the Mall for about thirty minutes now. Johnny and Annie had gone to get her skateboard while Josh went to get his shoes, Jack and Asher left to buy the card things to get into the arcade.

Annie ended up getting a normal skateboard with the design of a Chinese Dragon on the back.

"New Skateboard, New me." Annie smiled as they walked to the arcade, holding hands.

"Nah, The Annie that i met will always be my favourite Annie."

She smiled, "I'm glad that i met you" She said tilting her head on his shoulder

"I'm glad i met you too," He smiled back, squeezing her hand in his.  "But, who forget's their backpack on the first day?" He chuckled.

"Me." Annie shrugged. "Honestly, i think i forgot i was even going to school."

Johnny grinned, "Much like you" 

They were stopped as Jayden and Kenzie exited a store right in front of them. The girls eyes soon meeting theirs.

Jayden walked up to them with a tight smile, her arms linked with Kenzie's.

"Hey Johnny and Annie" Jayden smiled wide.

"Hey" Johnny answered, his voice uncertain.

"Hi," Annie smiled back at both of them.

"What are you two doing at the Mall today?" Kenzie questioned.

"I broke my skateboard so we came here to get a new one." Annie smiled. "What about you guys?"

"Oh us? It's are weekly shopping spree" Jayden said with a rude tone but Annie didn't think much of it. "Where are you heading to?"

"We're going to the arcade" Annie responded, "You guys should come with us, the boy's are there too." Annie offered.

"We would love too!" Kenzie exclaimed.

"Uh Kenz we have a to go." Jayden tried to whisper at the side.

Kenzie sighed rather dramatically, "Right." She let a breath, "i'll see you two at school." She said before both of them walked away.

"That was weird." Johnny commented to which Annie nodded in response.

"Kenzie has a crush on you." Annie said abruptly.

Johnny raised a brow "She does?"

Annie nodded, "Mhm"