quarante-trois: wake up

*lets pretend theres a cool gif*

THIRTY-THREE
"wake up"

It had been three days since the incident. Annie had still not woken up because of the impact from falling on the hard floor.

She had a severe concussion and her bullet wound was pretty deep too.

Jack was smart and called the cops as soon as he heard the loud gun shot from outside and you guessed it, Keith, Faze and Oscar all got sentenced a whole two years in jail.

Underage drugs and drinking plus a murder attempt. Yikes.

They surprisingly never outed Mike, Annie's father. So he was still out there. This was all because of him.

They hadn't told her mom about any of this. Yet.

And for Johnny...

He wouldn't talk to anyone.

The moment he saw her falling to the floor, He knew it wasn't going to end well.

We all thought he was being dramatic at first but now look, he was right. She could...yeah.

Jack, Josh and Asher were completely thrown of too. They never expected something like this to happen. All they could do is hope for her to be okay.

The nurse walked out of the room, Johnny's head immediately snapping towards her direction.

"Any news?" He asked. His eyes filled with hope.

Jack and Josh had gone home to rest while Asher stayed with Johnny.

The nurse sighed, "If she doesn't wake up by tonight we'll have to switch to icu," She said giving him a sad look.

He looked down, "Oh." He said just above a whisper.

She gave him a sad smile, "Chin up." She said softly before walking away.

Asher was standing next to him as he heard the conversation. Johnny sighed sitting down.

"She's going to be okay." Asher said, flinching because he didn't know how Johnny was going to react. He could probably throw a tantrum and blame everything on Asher right now.

He looked over at him, "Its just..i've spent a whole almost ten months with her and the fact that she could possibly not be in any more makes me sick to the stomach." He confessed.

"She's a strong girl Johnny. She'll be okay..even if they do move her to the ICU..she's going to wake up."  Asher nodded. "I know how much she means to you, to us..and I don't know how i'd be without her either." He said. "She helped through everything and kept others first always. I couldn't name a better person." 

Johnny smiled softly, "She's perfect." He said. "She's going to be fine." He let out a breath.

"If y'all don't get married.." Asher teased earning a glare. Asher bit his lip realisating it wasn't a good time to joke around. "Sorry but I can see that you're in love-love."

Johnny shrugged looking away, a soft smile on his face. "All I fear is for her not waking up."

And as much as he hated to admit, the thought her not feeling the same way about him lingered at the back of him head.

It had been a few hours and after a lot of convincing they finally got Johnny to go home. You know, to freshen up and all that.

Jack and Josh had switched with Asher and Johnny. It was all going the same old same old until Josh saw a slightly familiar looking man walk towards them but for some reason, at the same time he didn't look familiar at all.

"Do any of you kids know someone named Asher? or maybe even Annie?" He asked. 

"Why-" Josh started but was interrupted by Jack.

"And Who are you!?" Jack asked rather rudely.

The man rolled his eyes looking away, "Kids these days." He muttered under his breath. "Do you know them or not?"

"Who are you?" Jack repeated with a shrug.

"Mike LeBlanc." He answered lazily, only for their eyes to widen.

"You!" Jack exclaimed. "Its all because you! Annie could be dead right now!" He exclaimed.

Josh nudged Jack slightly to make him calm down but that didn't stop him. 

"You're the reason my best friend is laying in the with a huge ass wound in her stomach. The lord holy fath-also father in law to my favourite ship, the coolest judge CHRIST knows the shit you've done to her! She probably doesn't even want to see you so GET OUT." 

Mike sighed, "God Damn I don't have anything to do with that. It was all a misunderstanding."

Josh scoffed, "Misunderstanding!? How? Dude just go."

"I'm here father. I have the right to visit her." He deadpanned.

"Uh no, not on my watch!" Jack crossed his arms. "You could've easily visited her but you have no evidence of being her father. It was nice getting drunk every night right?"

"For fucks sake. I regret everything! This wasn't because of me. Well- But- How she doing?"

"Do you not understand when someone tells you to go. You should go."

"I'll be back" Jack said, excusing himself.

He immediately called Johnny as he reached the open area.

"Is she awake?" Johnny asked, answering as soon as he could.

"No, but.." Jack trailed off.

Johnny's heart was beating through his chest knowing Jack didn't sound very happy "What!?"

"Mikes here." He said sternly.

Johnny let out frustrated breath, "I'll be there." He said quickly before hanging up.

Can this all end already?

^
how i feel about this book.

AUTHORS NOTE:

OOF HELLO !

quick question.

HOW ARE YALL?
be honest <3

so um i apologise for not updating for two weeks..i think??

school got really stressful and i got a really bad writers block. i still have it. this is a chapter that i made some adjustments too... therEfOre i don't know when the next chapter will be out either :/ but there's like 3 chapters left so i just somehow need motivation to write-

and i'm also sorry for how HORRIBLE this story got. i'm working on another, better one, but  i don't know when i'll publishing that.

have a good day/night !

- c