quarante-quatre: awake

CHAPTER: FOURTY FOUR"awake"

"awake"

Johnny got to the hospital as quick as he could. This whole situation was taking a major toll on him.

He walked up to Mike and Jack arguing, "You should go." He said flatly.

Mike turned around, "You must be her boy toy?" He said rolling his eyes. "I just want to see her."

"You're literally the reason she's in there. What makes you think we're gonna let you see her?"

"Please, a talk would be nice. I want to settle things."

"Settle things? She's not even awake. She could fucking die right now? Because of you!"  Just as he said that the nurse approached them.

"This a hospital." She reminded to shut them down. "Miss Leblanc is awake." She added.

A smile crept onto johnny's face, immediately turning towards the nurse, "W-when can we see her?" He asked eagerly.

"You can go visit her now. One person at a time." She said softly before giving him a smile and walking away.

"Johnny- can I talk to you?" Mike asked him.

Johnnys eyes darted towards him, "I really want to see her right now so I'm afraid you can't." He said blankly before trying to walk away but Mike was quick to grip his wrist, giving him flashbacks from a few days ago. 

"Please. I just want to talk to you privately and give me chance to tell you that's it's not my fault. Well, partially." He said pretty genuinely almost convincing Johnny.

Johnny sighed, "I'll give you a minute."

Jacks mouth dropped, "Seriously? If you're not going. I'll go see her first." Jack rolled his eyes walking past. He seemed to really hate Mike.

Johnny sighed, "Go on," He said.

Mike twisted his tongue, "Look, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. The only reason I told them to get Julianna was to apologise because I knew she would never come to meet me if I had called her. I didn't expect it to go this way...I just want to talk to her, a simple sorry for being not the greatest father."

Johnny scoffed, "Yeah. Abusing her wasn't the greatest move was it?"

"I've changed. People change. I'm sure you changed after you met her. I'll go talk to her and if I'm not out of the room by two minutes you can come in."

"Oh no, I'm not letting you go in alone. Either I'm with you or you're not meeting her." He crossed his arm as Jack came out of the room, a grin on his face.

"She's doing good!" He exclaimed. "I'm so relieved," He added falling down into a seat.

A soft smile appeared on Johnny's and Josh's face too.

Johnny looked and Mike as he nodded before they walked towards the door. "You're not taking him in are you?" Jack commented. "He's the reason she's in there!"

"I know what I'm doing Jack," Johnny responded softly before going inside.

Annie didn't fail to smile as soon as she saw him but it dropped just as quick when she saw her father.

"Johnny whats he doing here?" She asked looking away.

"Julianna I want to talk to you."

"You have nothing to talk about." She huffed looking away.

"Make it quick." Johnny whispered to Mike as he nodded.

Mike soon explained the same thing he said to Johnny, "And ..I just came to apologise, I wish things were different. I wish I had treated you differently. You're such a strong girl and you may not trust me yet but..I've changed and I'm always here for you." He said, waiting for her answer.

She still didn't look at them, Although she could tell her father was being genuine, she couldn't bring himself to forgive him so easily. She shouldn't.

Annie simply nodded before saying a soft, "You should go."

Mike sighed but he also knew he couldn't do anything else. He messed up. He walked out the door, hoping something could change in the future.

"Why did you bring him here?" Annie asked as soon as she heard the door close.

"I'm sorry...he-"

"He seemed genuine. I know." She cut off, "I'm..just not ready." She said.

"How are you?"

"It hurts." She scrunched her nose, "But I'll survive." She said then smiled, "Come here." She said scooting over a little.

He smiled rolling his eyes, laying down next to her. "You scared me." He said softly.

"I scared myself." She nodded.

"It's just..I've spent this whole year with you. Almost every hour and I just couldn't picture anymore without you." He said.

She pouted, "I'm sorry..." She trailed off.

"Shut up. None of this was you're fault." He rolled his eyes.

She smiled again, "I can't picture my future without you either." She said turning towards him.

He couldn't help but lean in and kiss her softly, he feared that maybe she didn't love him as much as he thought she did, he only wanted her.

Putting a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I love you." He whispered.

She grinned, "and I love you." She said, matching the tone of his voice.

She slowly put her head on his shoulder, "Ah I missed you" She laughed slightly and then winced because of the pain.

He smiled too before kissing her forehead, thankful that she was awake.

AUTHORS NOTE:

I'm publishing my new johannie book this Friday so stay tune for that :) I do like my writing in  that one a lot better than this one but I get it considering this was my first book. So I hope y'all like it too.

i really don't know when I'll update this next because I've lost all inspiration for this book. So if you want to consider this the end, might as well.

I'll try to write an epilogue and I'm sorry for this shitty ass "ending." There's supposed to be four more chapters which I don't know if I'll write them.

Have a good day/night !

- C