quarante et un: missing

CHAPTER  FORTY ONE: "missing"

CHAPTER  FORTY ONE:
"missing"

They walked into the house. Somehow, Asher had the key.

There was probably another side of Ashers past that Annie did not know of.

"Annie all you got to do it follow me." Johnny reminded her as they walked in.

Asher huffed low, "Johnny stop acting like she's going to die."

"I would like it if you would just shut the fuck up." Johnny said, his voice showing clear frustration.

"Will you both quit it?" Jack rolled his eyes.

Johnny pointed towards Asher, "He started it."

"Well if you act like that I'm going to have to say something!" Asher whisper-shouted keeping in mind that someone could walk through one of the doors.

They needed to be careful even if it was pretty clear that no one would use weapons in the fight

"Act like what!? I'm sorry I care about her."

"Johnny stop it!"  Annie exclaimed, closing the front door.

Bad idea.

"As if I don't?" Asher raised a brow. "Is this seriously about if I care about her or not?"

"You clearly don't you or else you wouldn't have brought her into this mess!"

Josh crossed his arms as they walked further in, "Johnny quit it."

There was small sound of a door unlocking and a muffled squeal but they were so engrossed in their arguement that they paid no notice to that.

"Of course I care about her! I just want this to end! I've been living with his threats for years. Its not like anything's gonna happen—she's just distracting them right?"

"Whatever." Johnny said as he looked over to call Annie.

Just to see that she wasn't there.

"Annie!?" Jack said exclaimed at the same time as Johnny realised.

"Fuck." Johnny muttered under his breath. "This is all you're fault Asher!" Johnny exclaimed. He only said that to make him feel a little better. Johnny knew that he could've held her hand or just kept an eye on her. It was his fault too. He knew it was, but maybe he didn't just want to admit to that.

"For fucks sake, stop blaming each other. Lets go find Annie!"

"She's safe don't worry." They heard a voice up the stairs. Oscar.

"Bring her down here Oscar. She has nothing to do with this!" Johnny yelled.

Let me tell you, he was mad.