We Cant Give Up

Jason sat on the hospital lounge waiting patiently. He’s been here for hal an hour now after being checked by the doctors and he didn’t injured badly so only a few cuts on his face was cover with plaster. He didn’t even care about himself right now, he’s waiting for Justin that was currently inside one of the room still being checked the doctors. Jason was worried since Justin went unconscious when they were brought to the ambulance. They say he was just exhausted but it still worries Jason. “Jason?” someone called making him look up to that person. Jason didn’t know who is this man standing in front of him but his face shows a pain emotion but also relieve. Jeremy looks at the boy that stares at him confuse. He wasted no time pulling the boy in to a hug making the boy jump a bit.

“Thank you so much.” He choke back a sob making the boy confuse more but then he remember that voice. It’s Justin’s dad, the man he talks to on the phone yesterday. He hesitantly hug Jeremy back trying to get some sort of comfort from a someone called ‘Dad’ he misses so much. Jason heard feets running from where Jeremy had appeared. A couple of stranger came running beside Jeremy that Jason didn’t know and make him a little scared. Jeremy release Jason gently as he smile at the boy who save his son. Pattie that was standing beside Jason were smiling as tears running down her face. Pattie didn’t give Jason a chance to ask anything as she also pulls him into a hug. A motherly hugged that almost melts Jason in her arms. She sobs her heart out.

“Thank you honey. Tha.. thank you so much.. You save him.” she sobs as she was feeling so grateful that her son is finally safe back home. Jason couldn’t help to shed a few tears feeling the pain of the women that was holding him. “I did nothing. He’s a fighter.” He whisper softly at Pattie. Pattie let go of him and kiss his forehead. “You did a lot sweetie.” She said sniffling. Jason just smile small not knowing what to said.

All of Justin friends and crew thanked Jason. Ryan, Chaz and Alfredo basically tackle him into a group hug repeating how thankful they are for Jason to bring back their best friend. Jason was overwhelmed with all of that. He’s glad that he helps Justin seeing how many hearts will be broken if Justin didn’t make it. After an hour more waiting in the hospital lounge, the door finally opens revealing the doctor. They all stood up as they were anxious on what’s going on with Justin. The doctor smile softly knowing who these people that were standing in front of him. He approached Jeremy and Pattie clearing his throat. “How is my son doctor?” Jeremy ask as his patient is growing thin wanting to see his son this instant but also his current condition. “He’s stable now.” He paused looking at the parents of the poor young boy. He couldn’t bare explaining their son’s real condition to them. “I need you both to know that we will try everything to help your boy but I need you both to cooperate in this. When Justin was brought here, he was bruised almost all his body area. There’s a lot of cuts and beating bruised that can be seen.” The doctor paused again seeing Pattie is trying to hold her sobs hearing all this details. “We have clean all the wounds. But we found that Justin was bleeding from his lower area. I’m sorry to have to tell you this but your son has been rape and multiple times from the wounded area and we had ran the test on him, he’s clean from any diseases.” The doctor try to smile even though his heart ache for the boy and for the family. He knows even though Justin is clean but he will be a broken boy.

Jeremy look up at the doctor with tears streaming down his face hearing clearly all his son have went through and he felt useless. “I’m sorry. You may go in and see him. He’ll be awake in a few minutes or so.” The doctor said sympathetically as he walks away from the heartbroken family. Pattie didn’t said anything as she make her way to his baby boy room. She misses him so much. She didn’t care how he looks like, she just want to see him, hold him in her arms and beg for forgiveness. She blames herself for all of this, she could never forgive herself for letting this happen to his one and only son.