Ten

Lea’s POV --

It was finally Saturday and it felt good to not be at school and not have to worry about getting up or going to bed early. What made things better was the fact that I was with Kira and I’d be spending the night. We were in her room, lying on her bed and talking up a storm. I made it obvious that I had no intention of shifting the subject to one of Jason. He was the last person I’d want to discuss with Kira. I could tell she was beginning to pick sides but only for the benefit of hopefully swaying me as well.

Most of the talk was of Brody and a bit of Liam. I didn’t really want to talk about him for obvious reasons. He’s too confusing, acting like a douchebag one minute and then charming me the next. I didn’t know how to handle it. Kira’s father was at work and he wouldn’t be home until midnight because of a new shift he was offered but her mother was downstairs in the kitchen preparing herself something. I was looking at the posters on Kira’s wall, not many but just a few of her favorite celebrities: Rihanna, Beyonce, Chris Brown, and others. She also has pictures that she ripped from magazines of clothing and models and general. Her room was nice, I liked it.

Now, Kira was talking about a few girls who went to our school. I didn’t talk to many people, besides those I consider my friends, so I didn’t really know for sure who she was speaking about. The girls were apparently annoying I guess because Kira was getting upset with just the simple topic of them and she quickly changed it back to one that I’d be able to engage in.

“I invited someone over.” Kira says, rolling off of her bed and walking over to her dressers. “Care to take a guess?”

“Brody?” I say without hesitation and part of me was sinking because I didn’t want him over. I’d be bored out of my mind while Kira and Brody were probably cuddling and kissing.

“No.” She says flatly and pulls the second drawer open. “Try again.”

“Uh,” I poke my chin a few times and try to think of other people we both know. I was also happy that it wasn’t going to be Brody too but I managed to hide that feeling pretty well. “I don’t know.”

“It’s Liam.” She laughs, her arms rummaging through make-up products and other things. “You can thank me later.”

“Why did you invite him?” I ask dumbfoundedly, “When did you even talk to him?”

“I was texting him this entire time.” She laughs, her right hand filled with things that I probably couldn’t name and she shuts the drawer with her left hand. “He’ll be here in an hour at the most.”

“Well I hope you guys have fun.” I cross my arms over my chest and turn my head to the left. I looked like a child who wasn’t pleased with the news she had just heard and I didn’t care at all. Why would Kira invite Liam over? For what purpose? “I’m not talking to him.”

“Yes the hell you are.” She scoffs, speaking to me like it was no big deal. “I did it for you.”