Epilogue

Lea's POV —

Big red digits.

Three of them. A seven and two zeros, lighting up the smallest portion of my bed side table within my bedroom. Bright and bold, they stood out like moon on a starless night. I've kept myself occupied with this digital clock since it hit six-fifty and now that the ten minutes were well passed me now, my heart thumped against my chest precautiously.

I took in a deep breath and slightly turn myself in the direction of the mirrors placed above my dresser.

"This is it," I spoke softly while staring at my reflection. "The magical night you've been dreaming about."

Although I felt normal, I clearly didn't look it. Lana had completely transformed me into a girl participating in a beauty pageant. Not that that was a bad thing, the make-up was stunningly natural and my hair was pulled up, held my pins and tons of hairspray. Two locks curled at my cheeks, framing my face with all the innocence I could ever portray. I wore the diamond earrings my mother bought and with the slightest turn of my head, they'd glisten with the a honorable wink of elegance. I took another deep breath and smiled at myself, noting the gloss shining on my lips.

I glance at the clock; it was a long two minutes past seven. He'll be here at any moment and I wasn't sure if I were growing antsy with anticipation or fright. My heart continued on, at it's normal pace but my mind was running laps around my brain. Ever since this morning, I've done nothing but think of Jason and only Jason. From the moment we woke up in his bedroom until now, he's been the only thing on my mind—him and of course prom.

I tried not to smile at the memory of this morning, and even last night for the matter. That bubble bath never did work out, to Jason's favor of course but the next morning sure did. I stifled a laugh, you'd never guess that someone could have so much energy to perform sexual activities in the early morning. Then again, it's Jason of all people and when it comes to sex...well that's pretty self explanatory.

"Lea, what are you doing? Ace told me Jason's on his way and I haven't even taken your pictures on the staircase yet!" Lana calls, easily heard on the first floor and greatly heard from the second.

"I'm coming!" I replied chastely and adjust my dress even if there was nothing to adjust in the first place.

In my right hand I held a silver clutch. Lana bought it for me, she said it would compliment my earrings better than a silly necklace or bracelet ever could. I wasn't going to argue about it, when it came to fashion, Lana knew the dos-and-donts better than most designers living in New York City—and we'll excuse the fact that her taste in prom dresses is the only exception.

I begin exiting my room, trying my best to succeed in walking without tripping over the edges of my dress. Heels weren't necessarily a favorite of mine but for this occasion, I definitely didn't want to have everyone towering over me like a bunch of supermodels ready to strut down the runway with their handsome dates. At the staircase, I place a hand on the railing and with the other hand that held the clutch, I curl an eligible finger around my dress to lift it just a few centimeters high. Lana stood with her camera ready, a broad smile on her face and seated beside her as though he had been waiting as well, was Jasper with his head tilted to the right in absolute confusion. I giggled at the sight of him, mainly because of the bow tie I placed around his neck to fit along with this promy atmosphere.