Eleven

Lea’s POV --

After last night, I have been spending most of my day with Liam. It was like getting to know him all over again and I was actually happy to be in his presence for once. He did nothing but find ways to keep me smiling. I left Kira’s house to go for a walk to the park with Liam--because she insisted that we spend more time together. We talked for hours and sat in the grass for god knows how long. The wind was brutal but thank god my sweater and scarf kept me remotely warm. The aftermath of the storm was horrible but in a few hours I’m sure the heat will be back to it’s normal self and I’d be wearing my favorite cardigans again.

I wanted to go home, mainly because I missed Lana. I never miss being at home in general. Sometimes I wish Lana would join me when I spent the night over Kira’s but she’s too grown to be hanging with a bunch of teenagers all the time. Sandrine was different, considering she was a senior who’d be graduating this year.

The park was a bit lively for once, many people were walking their dogs. It only gave me an urge to run home and bring Jasper back for a good time. I had grown tired of walking so I took a seat on of the swings and looked up at Liam who stared at me with a smirk on his face.

“Want me to push you?” He says in a baby voice, teasing me.

I merely roll my eyes but laugh, “No I’m just tired, leave me alone.” I pout and he decides to sit down on the swing beside me. I couldn’t help but laugh, watching him struggle to place his legs straight out in front of him.

He was too tall for these kinds of things, it just didn’t match up correctly. As he continues his mission to get comfortable, I pull out my phone which began to vibrate. Lana was calling me and I was more than happy to answer it and hear her voice. It felt like so long since I’ve last spoken to her, even though it was only two days ago.

“Hey!” I say, turning the swing slightly so that I’d sway from side to side.

“Hey love, what are you doing?” Her voice was soft and on her end of the phone it sounded like she was outside.

“I’m at the park with Liam, how about you?” I look up and see a child waiting patiently for a chance to get a swing. I stand up and walk off, onto the concrete with Liam following me from behind.

“At home.” She says and her voices dragged out monotonously, “Mom wants you home now.”

“It’s still early.” I whine, “Ask if I can stay another hour.”

“Lea I love you but I’m not about to get into another argument with mom, she’s actually happy for once.” She laughs somewhat, “Just get home, don’t worry, we’ll talk more when you get here.”

I stop walking, “Fine.”

Liam was standing beside me, his arm around me so that his hand was place on my waist. I tuck my phone into my back pocket and sigh. Today was going to great for me to just back out and head back to a dungeon.