Thirteen

Jason’s POV --

It was pay day.

That’s pretty self explanatory if you ask me. People who’ve stuck by their deals with me were coming in and dropping off the amount of cash I owe them. Ace and Brody rewarded each dealer with the correct amount of cocaine they called for. Scarlett kept everything in order making sure everyone who owed me cash today was either on their way or has already came. I remained in my office, high as fuck, and still pulling in new people.

You never realize how many people are addicted to coke until you run a business to sell it.

The money I made was split to divide with myself, Ace, Brody, and Scarlett. It was more than enough so neither of us ever complained. It’s not like we couldn’t raise the price of a single pound of cocaine anyway. We had the power to do whatever the fuck we wanted. Now, at this time I was speaking with the drug lord who lived all the way in Sacramento, California. This wasn’t a sell, more like a trade. He had all the dope you could imagine and more but he was running low on cocaine. I guess my name spread across the globe faster than I expected. I was in the mood to trade for some hard shit, I was tired of the regular. He’d be willing to hand over the crystal meth and I was all for it in a matter of seconds.

“Don’t fuck with this offer.” He utters into the phone.

I was seated with my legs up over my desk, crushing stacks of paper that I couldn’t give two shits about. A cigar in between my lips, the phone on speaker and a mountain of cocaine to the far right of the desk. I eye it momentarily, hand reaching for the cigar simultaneously. I raise my chin, my hat coming forward in front of my face while I exhaled the smoke upwards like and create a mushroom cloud. The room is silent but I hear rustling coming from the other end on the phone. I place the cigar back into my mouth and drop my hand to rest over the arms of the chair.

“I don’t play that shit.” I adjust the snap back on my head, “I say it all the time, you either have it or you don’t. If you do, that’s a good look, if you don’t you’ll see what happens.”

A rugged laugh travels through the room, “You got it right then.”

“Yeah.” I remove the cigar from my mouth and flick the ashes, “So you’ll have the shit here by Monday and vice versa.”

“Yeah, that’s the plan..”

“Good. Don’t fuck up.” Using my middle finger I end the call.

No more calls came in after. It was now chill hour and I could rest for a moment or if I felt like it, cut a few lines and give myself some sort of energy. I passed out on the couch again last night, fucking up my back in more ways than I expected. A good massage would really come in handy but I was in no mood to pick up the phone and call up a random girl. I’d probably end up fucking her by the end of it anyway. Fucking was never a bad idea in my eyes but just for today I wasn’t going to have my way with a girl. Ace and Brody constantly tell me that one day all the girls I’ve fucked in the past will come back to haunt me in the form of an STD or something. That’s likely in a sense but I’m not a dumbass, I just like having some fun whenever I feel like it. God gave me this life, I don’t intend to throw it away.