Twenty-Eight

Jason's POV --

I woke up a little earlier than usual. No, in actuality, I've been roaming in and out of sleep every other hour or two.

It rose to the point where, I didn't attempt to fall asleep one more time. Knowing I'd just wake up again in what felt like only a few minutes, but was really a few hours. Once I had finally come to the decision of remaining awake, Lea woke up with ease shortly after. Witnessing her awaken from a deep slumber probably surpasses watching her drift into one. She'd stretch her arms and legs, you'd hear a deep breath but with her hair draped over her face, you couldn't see her yawning. Smacking her lips together, she shook her head to remove all traces of hair from her face. With my elbow propped on the pillow case and hand supporting my head, I blinked in pure amazement. Even I couldn't look so flawless in the morning and I was one to have high confidence in my appearance. With the sun beaming in through the windows, Lea's eyes strained with irritation until she turned over so I'd face her backside. Her hair shined with it's own significant glow that made it nearly impossible for my eyes to look away. The only thing that not only freed me from the sight of beauty, but captured me once more, was Lea turning over again with her eyes slightly open.

Nothing was more gorgeous than how light her eyes looked with the sun kissing them, the most extraordinary shade of brown, like caramel yet a little more golden. With her small hand, she covers her mouth to yawn one more time and finally she snuggled her cheek into her pillow, sinking deeper into the case.

"What time is it?" She asks in a croaky voice. With wide eyes, she clears her throat a few times and asks the same question again, ending it with a short giggle.

"It's early, that's all I know." I tumble downwards to rest on my back. "How did you sleep?"

"Fine." She sighs contently. "How about you? You still look tired."

"Do I?" I turn my head in her direction and she nods once. Groaning, I bring my hands up to my face. While harassing my skin, Lea sits up and stretches out the kinks in her back. "I haven't had a bad sleep like this in a long time."

Pouting her lip, she crawls to my side and sits on her folded legs. With her finger, she places it to her lips and pokes them while thinking. I brought my hands behind my head and stared at her, waiting patiently to see what idea might have lurked into her head. A grin pulls at the ends of lips and slowly she gave me a knowing look. All at once, she rolled out of bed and bounded towards the dresser. Every step she took had it's own serenity, she walked lighter than a feather and with more happiness than a mother finally holding her newborn child. At my dresser she grabbed a bottle of lotion and then she spun around in my direction with the cutest smile on her face.

"Lie on your stomach." She spoke softly.

Seconds past and I merely looked at her with a bleak expression on my face. Lea showed no sign of mischievous or foolery, instead, she blinked rather narcotically. I sluggishly turned over on my stomach and yanked the bed sheets off of me. With my face digging into the pillow and arms burrowing underneath, I tried to relax as Lea climbed onto the mattress once again. I hear the cap twisting off of the lotion and her hands smack together to smooth out the large drops of lotion she poured into her palms. At random, her hands meet my skin and I shivered as she traveled from the end of my spine to the very beginning.