Twenty-Two

Lea’s POV --

School was over and I was more than excited to be heading out of the building. My parents wouldn’t be home until later in the night because it's their anniversary and anyways I wouldn’t be getting home until later either. Lana was picking me up and taking me out to get some Frozen Yogurt.

It’s been exactly one week since I’ve spoken to Jason. Don’t know how I did it and I didn’t think such a thing would be possible. Lana knows about everything, I told her the moment I got her on the phone the day after the entire incident. Kira knows as well and all she had to say was a simple ‘Sandrine warned you’. What kind of friend says something like that? I didn’t need to hear that bull crap, I wanted some comfort.

Ever since that I haven’t really spoken to Kira because she’s been hanging with either Brody or Sandrine and everyone knows Sandrine doesn’t like me one bit. On top of that Liam was back into the picture but not in a good way. He’s been finding any reason to start a fuss with me and lately and I honestly couldn’t estimate how much longer I’d be willing to take the abuse.

Anyway, I exit the school and search around for Lana who was standing by the parking lot. The Frozen Yogurt shop wasn’t too far so driving would be pointless and Lana was still saving up for a car anyway. I was overjoyed to be with Lana at this point, she was probably my only real best friend who fully understood me. Not just because she’s my sister and she’s actually witnessed everything I’ve been through but because even with the knowledge she has, she’s still just something special to me. I love her more than I love my own mother.

Along with my amount of love for her, I also envied her as well. She was strikingly beautiful and on top of that she had everything I always wanted. An amazing boyfriend, her own place, privileges to go out and do whatever she wanted, a well paid job and much, much more. All I had was a dog and a friend who was too busy with her new boyfriend to even pay me any attention. Not that I minded that much anyway, as long as everyone was happy it’s fine with me. I’d prefer the world to be happy before I ever got a taste of what that’s like.

“Do you know where they’re going tonight?” Lana asked as we crossed the street, we were now a block away from the shop and my taste buds were singing with joy.

“I think olive garden and then dad is taking mom somewhere else.” I reply, adjusting my bag on my shoulder, “It’s the same every year. I noticed that.”

“Yeah, that’s because dad is cheap.” She laughed, running her hand through her amazing brown hair. I couldn’t tell if she let it out natural or if she had just got it done at a salon.

“That’s true.” I nod, feeling a little guilty for laughing.

We finally enter the shop and it felt like walking into the gates of heaven. It upset me to know that I’d have to leave soon but for now I’d just soak this all in. Today would be a good day, I think, since my parents wouldn’t be home. I’d have the house all to myself! I would spend the night over Lana’s place but Jasper needs to be taken care of at all times so I couldn’t possibly leave without some sort of supervision.