spencer freaking reid

A's diner

A's diner. That's the one place I call home, probably because not only to do I own it, I live there by live there I mean I live next to it. God, I'm so awkward. Let's get on with the story Amanda jeez. My diner was something you'd expect out of a bistro. I don't know why but I never liked being traditional with things I do. That's why it's not decorated like the '50s.

It was 2:30 in the morning when my alarm rang through my house. I grabbed my normal sweater and black jeans and put them on. I did all of the normal morning rituals before I headed downstairs I grabbed my black converse laced them up and put them on. I checked my watch at 2:59. Good just in time to open. My diner was open from 3 am to 9 pm. Luckily I had a lot of staff on deck except in the morning ranging from 3-6, but hey that's not rush hour so that's all I can hope for.

I clicked the lock of the front door. I went to the register to sit down, read, and wait for whoever might be up this early. An hour passes and I look down at my watch. 4:04 am. I saw a young man in the window he seemed to be reading something. He comes in and sits at the long bar strip.

I walk over to him and hand him a menu. "My names Amanda, can I get anything for you?" he looks up and smiles "coffee would be nice." I nod at him grab a cup and the coffee pot and serve him coffee. I noticed bags under his eyes he had been up for 20 hours at the least

"long night?" He looks up again with a puzzled expression "is it that obvious?" I shake my head no "I wouldn't think so besides the bags under your eyes." He puts his lips in a straight line and looks up at me "long day at work and I'm about to go back." I make a face "ouch that's not pleasant" he shakes his head "tell me about it" I lean on the bar "hey I don't know how long you're gonna be here but trust me I've got time to listen."

He puts his book down and looks up "my work has an emotional toll on me sometimes and the only way to get it out is to read" I nod "well at least you know you're human" we both laugh and I speak again "I tend to throw myself into books too." He makes a face "really? You seem more like the type to get lost in her phone." I look at him offended. He laughs, As I'm reaching down "well for your information I like reading informational texts" he smiles as I pull up the book I'm reading. "You're reading about mankind?" I put my hands up in defense "it's a good book!" I put the book down and We both laugh. "You're intriguing Amanda." I smile "you too- uh I'm sorry I never caught your name" he then put his lips in a straight line again and then smiled "it's Spencer, Spencer Reid" I smile "well Mr.Spencer Reid I'm Amanda Ryan it's a pleasure" he smiled

Our conversation continued till about 5:30 am when his phone rang. He had a professional tone he hadn't had with me. He started to get up as he hung up. "Spencer wait!" He turns around as I'm grabbing a pen and paper. "Here's my number call me" I write down my number tear it off my notepad and shove it in his pocket at the front door then smiled at him. He gave me a soft smile then ran off. I wonder what he does for work.

Who knew this small interaction would cause so much change in my life.