Being sick sucks

It was around two am when my alarm went off

It was around two am when my alarm went off. I realized I was on the floor of my living room. "What the fuck" I heard groaning from my couch "Sr?" He gets up. "I'm sorry Mandy I didn't mean to fall asleep here." I shake my head no and rub my face. "You're fine." I start having a coughing fit. Spencer looks concerned. "Are you alright." I nod then break out in another coughing fit. Spencer runs to the kitchen and grabs a water bottle. I stop coughing to drink the water bottle. "Thank you." He nods "I'm gonna call in sick to work hopefully Aspen and August can handle it." I started getting up "where do you think you're going." I give him a look. "To grab my keys and take you home." He shakes his head "no I'll take care of you till I get called in." I shook my head no. "Spencer you need to get home and get sleep I'm fine by myself-" I break into another coughing fit. "That doesn't seem fine Mandy." I caved in and let him stay till he got called in.

I heard a knock on my door and I opened it. August was at the door holding out a bowl of soup "aren't you supposed to be at the diner?" He shook his head no "Aspen and Caleb are handling it I promise." I gave him a small smile. I let him in, then took the soup from his hands. "Thank you for this by the way." He nodded as he walked in and put his coat and scarf on the coat rack. He then reached his hand out to touch my forehead "oh shit mands you're burning up." I took his hand of my head. "I'm fine auggie I promise." I put the soup down on the kitchen table "can I get you anything?" He replied with a simple no thank you and a smile. I gave him a nod and sat the kitchen table and started eating my soup. August grabbed the remote for the small tv in the kitchen and turned on some random show that he liked and drank out of his water bottle he brought. Eventually it was time for him to head back to the diner.

I continue to having visitors through the day. These visitors were different. I heard a knock on my door, so I went to the door wrapped in the blanket had brought from my mom's house back in Texas. I open the door to Spencer and his coworkers. JJ spoke up "May we come in?" I gave them a nod and moved out of their way. I broke out into yet another coughing fit while they were walking in. I heard the door shut behind them. I felt a hand on me, I noticed it was JJ seeing her blonde hair fall down as she crouched down with me. When I stopped I started talking with a raspy voice "I'm sorry y'all I'm really sick." They gave me sympathetic glances. They all walked into to the living room, and sat down. We talked their entire lunch break and I learned a lot about them and got to know them very well.

It was later that night when I heard another knock on my door. I opened it to see Spencer. "You will never leave me alone huh?" He nodded. "I just wanted to check up on you." I shook my head "I'm fine Spencer, really." He ended up staying for a movie and despite his fear of germs he stayed with me and then sprayed me with Lysol. After hours of conversation I eventually fell asleep.