Aspen's Approach

I had picked up Aspen and Caleb at the airport yesterday

I had picked up Aspen and Caleb at the airport yesterday. They gave me a hug and I welcomed them to Virginia. After we spent the day with them and eventually went to their hotel. I went home for the night picked them up. "So do you want to be dropped off somewhere, or would you guys want to go to the diner to get some food." Aspen looks back at Caleb "Definitely get some food, if that's okay babe." He smiles at her "yeah let's get some food." We drive to the diner and they go in first.

I always hoped Spencer was at the diner during the lunch shift. I walked in and his team was just sitting down, in my section like always. I smiled to myself and told August, Aspen was here. I walked over to their table. "Hey, guys what can I get ya?" Derek looks at me confused "how do we always get you as our server." I put my hand on my hip and laugh "you sit in my work section" he shrugs "fair point." They ordered their food, talked to me and then they left.

Aspen and Caleb were sitting at the bar counter, August and I were on the other side, talking to them. Aspen looks up from her food "so what's up with you and that skinny white boy at that table" August starts laughing so hard "oh god not you too Aspen." She puts her fork down "so there's a history with this guy?" August laughed and shook his head yes. "She went on a first date with him recently." Caleb looked shocked "so you're telling me awkward little Amanda went on a date" he shook his head yes. "He came in the morning and they just took off it was so magical, I could just tell" he starts laughing again and I shove his shoulder.

The business was usual and good all day. August has gone to my apartment and Aspen and Caleb went to the hotel. Alex and I were the only ones left in the diner. Alex was on his phone and I was reading. I heard the bell and looked up. It was Emily, JJ, and Derek. Spencer's Co-Workers, they had sat down right next to the register I grab three menus and give them to them. "What can I get you guys?" Emily stacks up the menus "We'll all have coffee and Pancakes" I give them a smile then tell Alex. While I wait for the bell to go off when their foods did I continue reading. I feel their stares and can't faintly hear their whispers.

"I think Reid really likes her." I see Emily shake her head yes. "I mean I don't want to profile her but I feel like I have to. She looks shy but her job contradicts that, she likes books which mean she grew up either loving being smart or enjoyed a good fiction book, she grew up in a small town.." she kept going on about me... which was surprisingly very correct. The bell rings out "order up Mandy." I grab their plates and hand it to them while pouring them another cup of coffee. They say "thank you" and continue to profile me.

The genius sr.

Hey I'm gonna stop by the diner in the morning

Alright love, you're coworkers are at the diner right now. do you happen to know why?
Read 8:26 pm

I actually have no idea. I would assume their profiling you.

How'd you know? They've been doing that since they walked in.
Read 8:31 pm

Their trying to figure the kind of person you are, which I am very sorry for.

Sr, you're fine but it's interesting to see them profile me :) anyways I'm gonna put my phone down to look less suspicious. I'll see you in the morning
Read 8:34 pm

Alright Mandy goodnight.

~*
I keep writing these at two/three am I'm sorry that they suck :)