a first date?

August and I had been waiting in the front of the diner since two am just waiting for a customer

August and I had been waiting in the front of the diner since two am just waiting for a customer. I was only waiting for Spencer if I'm going to be honest. It was 4:32 when Spencer walked in and sat down. "I have approximately 28 minutes and 32 seconds till the chances of me getting called to work go up" he then looks at August "can I steal her till around five am?" He nods at us and gives me a smirk. Spencer grabs my hand and pulls us to go. I walk around the counter with Spencer hand still in mine. We intertwined our hands when we got outside. "Where are we going?" He shrugs "I don't know but I want to spend the time with you outside of your diner." I look at him fake offended "woooow is my diner not good enough for you." He looks shocked "I didn't mean it like that-" I shook my head "sr, you're fine really I was joking."

We ended up going to a park and book store before he was called in. He walked me back to the diner since it was on his way. He kept our hands together as long as they could be. He gave me a sad smile as he walked away "sr stop!" He did and turned around I walked over to him and gave him the biggest hug "please be safe." He nodded. "Now I have a reason to be." We smiled at each other. I walked into the diner. Alex came out from around from the kitchen. "Soooo.. how was the first date?"

I put my head my hands "stop,please!" I dragged the please. August and Alex laugh. I feel a buzz in my pocket.

The "little" A

Hey sis, I heard August came to Virginia and we all haven't been at the diner in a while. Can I come down with Caleb and we'll stay till August leaves?

Oh my gosh, Aspen of course!! It's been way to long. I'm sure August will love to see you and gossip with you
Read 5:33

Alright Mands, Caleb and I will start packing and we'll see you soon! Love you big sis!

:)
Read 5:34

"Aspen's coming to Virginia!" I do my little happy dance. "No way, really?" I shake my head excitedly, head around the counter, and grab my apron. August gave me a smile. All of three of us had always been close, I mean to be fair we did open this diner together. Oh I didn't tell you who Caleb is! He's aspens boyfriend or fiancé I don't remember if he's proposed yet or not or if they consider themselves fiancés cause aspen found the ring.

Later that day at around lunch time. Derek, Emily and JJ come in and sit in my section. "So we don't have the whole crew today. What can I get ya?" JJ looks up at me "yeah they're out on a case." I smiled "I assumed so sr got called out of the diner this morning." They all gave me questioning looks. "He stops by here in the morning." I laughed "yeah he stumbled upon this place one morning looking for a cup of coffee after y'all had a long case." Derek seems confused "so you're telling me pretty boy comes by here every morning" I shake my head no. "Not always, he only does when he had rough sleeping and needs coffee" I said that only to make sure they don't sneak by and stalk Spencer every morning. They make noises of understanding then order. I wasn't till later that I realized Spencer would never hear the end of that.

~*
Calebs face claim :)

Do I really need to explain why :))