Ch. 29 - FRAYED

Nova's outfit(s)

When you see** and italicIt's a flashback

When you see
** and italic
It's a flashback

Chapter Twenty-nine
Frayed

As Nova drove to the highschool she could feel the eyes of Scott and Isaac on her. They were going on track meet trip and she had agreed to drive them so Scott wouldn't have to leave his bike a the school over night. "I can feel you guys staring at me." She said, not taking her eyes off the road.

"Are you okay?" Isaac asked from the passenger seat. Scott had let him sit upfront cause he's taller. She took a deep breath and then nodded, "I'm fine." She said in almost a whisper.

"We don't have to be werewolves to know that you're lying." Scott said and Nova glanced at them and sighed, "I will be."

** Nova sat in her car in outside the McCall household, tapping her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the music that played softly though the speakers. After a couple minutes she looked over to see Scott and Isaac making they're way over to her car making her forehead crease.

"I thought we weren't bringing him." She said as Scott opened the door. "He caught me leaving and wouldn't go away unless I let him come with." Scott said making her chuckle, "So he's gonna come with you, I'm going to take my bike." He said as Isaac got into the car. "Lead the way Scotty." **

Once Nova had parked near the bus the three got out as Stiles and Boyd walked over to them, both of them also looking at Nova making her sigh. "I swear to god if you ask me if I'm okay, I will punch you." She said as she leaned against the hood of her car.

"Well now I won't ask." Stiles said as Scott and Isaac walked up to them after getting their bags out from their trunk, "I'm assuming your lack of bag means you're not coming?" Stiles asked and she shook her head. "No, I think I want to be alone for a little while." She said and they nodded understandably.

"I know you say not to ask but, are you okay? Okay enough to be alone?" Boyd asked, his voice full of sympathy and concern. Nova sighed and shook her head, "Am I okay? Not really, but I will be. Am I okay to be alone? Yeah." She said then coach blew his whistle. "Alright everyone load up!"