Ch. 38 - MORE BAD THEN GOOD

Nova's outfit

Chapter Thirty-Eight🦊 More Good Then Bad 🦊

🦊 More Good Then Bad 🦊

"So where are we going?" Nova asked looking over at Braeden who was driving. "Mexico. Derek and Peter were taken by the Calaveras. You know them?" Braeden asked and Nova nodded looking out the widow, "Met them once, was not pleasant." Nova said then looked at Braeden again.

"My dad didn't say you had to bring me did he?" Nova asked and Braeden didn't answer right away making Nova smirk, "You wanted me to come. Didn't you?" She asked and Braeden sighed.

"I thought you would like to be apart of saving your boyfriend. And I owed you one anyways after what you did for me." She said and Nova raised her eyebrows at her, "You just wanted to see me." Nova said and got no response, "Don't worry, it's fine. Everyone always wants to hang out with me." Nova said making Braeden chuckle.

"Still as modest as ever." Braeden said and Nova smiled and pointed at her, "Hey, you used to love it."

"Just do whatever you do to trigger a vision. It would be better to know what is happening." Braeden said and Nova reached down and pulled out one of Dereks shirts.

Closing her eyes she felt for his energy, until suddenly she was almost sucked into a vision.

Nova opened her eyes to see she was in what looked like a basement or a cellar, whatever it was it definently was a hunter's torture chamber. The sound of zapping and grunts behind made her turn around to see Derek and Peter shirtless, chained up to a metal fence getting electrocuted.

"You see this equipment? Very old. The settings are not quite accurate anymore. So it's hard to tell just how far to turn the dial." A man she recognized as Severo said. "I think it's a little high." Peter managed to say only to get it turned up higher.

"I've seen some crack their teeth. Others, they just shake and shake even after their heart stops. Sometimes we don't even know they're dead." He says, turning it off. The two Hales fall limp, breathing heavily as Severo stood up. "But nobody wants to play a guessing game. So, why don't you just tell us? Where is la loba?"

"We don't know where la loba is." Derek says, breathing heavily. "No? Maybe you need a different method of persuasion? Maybe we cut one of you in half, the other talks?" Severo says making Nova suck in a deep breath.

"I would love to be there for volunteer, but we really don't know what you're talking about. And honestly, isn't bisecting people with a broad sword a little medieval?" Peter says making Severo chuckle.

"Broad sword? We're not savages." He says then looks off to the side and suddenly the sound of a chainsaw whirring starts making Nova sigh and pinch the bridge of her nose.

"We all wonder how far your little healing trick goes. What do you think? Can you grow back an arm?" He says and his friend hold the chainsaw up to Derek's arm making Nova freeze. "We're pretty sure you can't grow back your head." He said and chainsaw moved to Derek's neck making Nova's heart drop.