Ch. 55 - WEAPONIZED

Nova's outfit

Chapter Fifty-Five💰 Weaponized 💰

Chapter Fifty-Five
💰 Weaponized 💰

"Help! She's been shot! I think she's dying!" Nova yelled, running into the hospital, Derek behind her carrying Braeden. A bunch of people ran over to them taking Braeden from Derek and putting her on a gurney.

Derek wrapped his arms around Nova's shoulders, pulling her into him as she worriedly watched them wheel Braeden away. "She'll be okay." He whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to the side of her head, "I hope so." She whispered.

They were quiet for a few minuets until her phone started ringing making her look down to see Lydia calling. She stepped away from Derek and answered the call. But what she was told was something she never wanted to hear. Something that made her heart fall to her stomach and her eyes turn glassy.

"What is it?" Derek asked and Nova turned to him looking like she was about to burst out crying, "L-Lydia figured out the next key." She said looking down as Derek gently grabbed her arms. She took a deep breath, looking up at Derek, "It was your name." She whispered.

Derek took a deep breath, closing his eyes and pulling Nova in close to him. He held her tightly close to him as if it was the last time he'd ever hold her. He may or may not ever admit this but the fact that his name broke a third of the list, scared him. The thought of leaving Nova scared him.

💰

"What's that?" Nova asked getting up from the chair as Melissa walked, "Naloxone. We need to wake her up." She said making Nova look at her confused, "I thought you said she needed to rest?" Nova asked and Melissa glanced at her. "That was before I found out the CDC just put the high school under quarantine with Scott and Stiles still in there." She said making Nova and Derek glance at each other wide eyes.

Braeden suddenly shot up, looking around panicky while groaning,"Braeden, look at me-- you were shot, but you're in the hospital, and you're fine. Do you understand?" Melissa asked and Braeden glanced at Nova and Derek before nodding, "Good. Okay... Last night, you were in the woods, and you came across another pack? Do you know what happened to them?"

"I told you, they were poisoned-"

"No. No, they were infected. It was a virus... designed to kill Werewolves. It did. It killed them all." Braeden said making Nova suck in a deep breath looking over at Derek, "If that virus got into the school, Scott, Malia, and there's no telling what it would do to Kira."

💰

"What are you still doing here?" Braeden asked sleepy looking over at Nova and Derek who sat in chairs next to the bed. "I'm protecting my investment. Got a lot of money riding on you." Derek said making Nova roll her eyes, hitting his shoulder before looking back at Braeden, "I'm here for moral support for my friend." She said and Braeden smiled softly at her before letting out a small groan.

"Derek... I think there's someone here you've been trying to find." Melissa said after she opened the door and then someone else walked looking at Derek and Nova with a small smile. "Satomi." Nova said in a slight whisper.

"It's a variant of canine distemper. A few years ago, an outbreak in Yellowstone killed forty-percent of the wolf population." Deaton said as they all stood in the morgue around a body.
"What's it going to do to our wolf population?" Melissa asked.

"Well, it's been altered to infect quite a bit faster." Deaton said looking at all of them, "You mean it's been weaponized?" Derek said.

"It infected my whole pack." Satomi said making everyone look at her, "Everyone except you. That's the real question- did you not get infected? Or are you immune?"

"If your pack was infected, then who was doing all the shooting at the entrance to the woods?" Nova asked making Satomi look over at her, "Apparently, another assassin. Personally, I'd rather face a gun than a variant of smallpox." She said.

"Sounds like you're going to get plenty of chances."

Derek and Nova look over to see Satomi looking at them, "I just noticed how much you two remind me of Talia and Abigail. I used to visit them a lot, you know... Do you remember me?" She asked and Nova smiled fondly, "How could I forget the women who taught me how to fight?"

"I remember the tea. You always brought that tea that smelled horrible." Derek said making Satomi smile, "I brought that tea as a gift. Your mother loved it."

"What kind of tea?" Deaton asked making them all look over at him, "What?" Satomi asked confused. "The tea with the smell, what kind was it?"

"Reishi-- wild purple reishi. It's very rare."

"It's also a powerful remedy for sickness. Abigail used to always make Nova drink it when she got sick. Satomi, you didn't get infected because you've been inoculated." Deaton said and Melissa nodded stepping forward. "Okay, okay... How rare is it? Can we find it?"

"We don't have to." Derek said making them all look at him, "My mother kept some of it. It's in our vault."

💰

"We have to get to the school." Derek said as he, Nova and Satomi walked out of the morgue, "What about the others at Lookout Point?" Satomi asked. But before anyone could say something the elevator dinged making them all turn to see a women step out, holding a gun.

Derek instantly grabbed Nova pulling her to the side while Satomi dodged every shot like it was child's play before stabbing the women in the neck with her metal spike. Right as the women fell to the foor, Melissa and Deaton ran out as Satomi turned around. "I may have learned to control my anger, but I still know when to use it."

"And this is why my mom made me learn from you."

💰

"Did you know?" Malia asked after she got into the car. She had called Nova to ask her to drive her home, considering she wasn't going to drive with Stiles anymore. "Know what?" Nova asked as she pulled out of the parking lot. "That I'm adopted. And I'm a Hale." Malia said making Nova sigh.

"Did they tell you themselves? Or did you find the list?" Nova asked making Malia look at her, "So you knew?" She asked and Nova sighed and nodded, "Why did you tell me?" Malia asked and Nova glanced at her.

"I wanted Stiles to tell you. Out of all of us, you trust him the most. I thought it would be better if he told you." Nova said and Malia looked down at her lap, "Why didn't my dad tell me?" She asked and Nova turned to her as they stopped at a red light.

"Sometimes parents who adopt a kid don't alway tell them as a way to make it feel like they're actually their kid. My mom was adopted, she didn't know until she was eighteen. People don't tell you to hurt you, they do it cause they love you." Nova said making Malia look at her as the light turned green and Nova started driving again.

"They still should have told me." She said and Nova nodded, "Oh no I agree. You have every right to be mad at all of us for awhile. But I want you to take a few things into consideration. Telling you you're adopted probably isn't the best or easiest thing to do while you're still adjusting to the human life style. And with everything that your biological father has done to all of us, we're just trying to protect you." Nova said as she pulled up in front of Malia's house.

"I won't become like Peter." Malia asked and Nova turned to her, "Oh I know. But Peter is a manipulator, it wouldn't be hard for him to get into someone's, who's still adjusting, head." Nova said.

Malia nodded and went get out but Nova gently grabbed her arm making Malia stop and look at her, "Don't hate everyone forever. Especially Stiles, he was just trying to protect you."

"I don't hate them. I'm just mad."