Ch. 36 - LUNAR ECLIPSE

Nova's outfit

Chapter Thirty-Six⊚ Lunar Eclipse ⊚

Chapter Thirty-Six
Lunar Eclipse

Nova leaned against the counter next to Isaac while Lydia paced back and forth, not taking her eyes off the tubs. "They're okay right? It's been hours. They should have woken up by now." She said shooting a quick glance over at Nova.

"This thing takes time. But sadly, I never heard it took this long." Nova said and Lydia sighed then completely turned to her. "Have you done anything like this before?" She asked and Nova sighed and shook her head, "I have never done half of the things I've had to do lately." Nova said.

She stood up from the counter and walked over to Lydia, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder looking over at the tubs.

The three surrogate sacrifices lie perfectly still in the water of the steel tubs. Scott, Stiles and Allison, their faces breaching the surface of the water just enough to breathe while their bodies remain submerged. All at once, their eyes snap open and they lurch up, surging back to consciousness. Water splashed across the floor as they each grasp for the edges of the steel tub. "I saw it--I know where it is." Scott said as one-by-one they scramble out of the tubs, soaking wet.

"We passed it there's a stump this huge tree not huge now it was cut down but big. Very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body-"

"The night you were bit by Peter."

"I was there too. In the car with my mother. We almost hit someone."

"It was me--you almost hit me" Scott said then turned to the others, "We can find it." They face confusingly muted reactions. Nova, Deaton, Isaac and Lydia share looks far less hopeful. "What?"

"You guys were out a long time." Isaac said and Scott looked to the windows to see that it's still night. But Stiles is the first to make the realization, "How long is a long time?" He asked worriedly. Nova glanced at her friends and uncle before sighing.

"Sixteen hours."

"We were in the water for sixteen hours?" Scott asked in disbelief and they all nodded, "And the full moon rises in less than four." Deaton said.

Towel pulled tight around his shoulders, Stiles shakes his head at Scott, "No, dude. You're not going back to them." He said and Scott shook his head, "I made a deal with Deucalion."

"Anybody else think that sounds a lot like "deal with the Devil." I don't know about you guys, but I've heard that situation doesn't usually come with a happy ending." Stiles argued making Nova snort. "Why's it matter anyway?" Isaac asked.

"Because I still don't think we can beat Jennifer without their help." Scott said glancing over at Nova briefly. "He trusts you more than any of us. Tell him he's wrong." Allison said looking over at Deaton.