Ch. 48 - THE DIVINE MOVE

Nova's outfit(s)

Chapter Forty-Eight🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

Chapter Forty-Eight
🦊 The Divine Move 🦊

"Can you remember anything else?" Parrish asked and Nova shook her head, looking down at the ground. There wasn't any tears falling down her face, she ran out of those. Now she was just quiet. "One second she was fine, the next she wasn't. I didn't even see it happen." She said weakly.

Parrish sighed softly and moved to sit next to her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder, "I don't know if this is something you'd really want to hear but you're a lot stronger than most people would be right now." Parrish said and she sighed and slightly shook her head. "She wasn't the first person I've lost. More like the seventh. So as sad and fucked up as it sounds, I'm kind of used to it by now." Nova said in a whisper.

"You know, if you need someone to talk to I'm always here." He said making her look over at him with a small smile, "Thanks Jordan." She said and he smiled at her.

🦊

"Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott said as he, Lydia, Nova and Deaton walked into the clinic. " The problem is, this isn't even a person you're fighting-- it just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton says.

"The shape of my best friend."

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Lydia asked and Deaton sighed, " I don't know... This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?"

"Possibly...When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare." Deaton explained making realization cross both Lydia and Nova's faces. "Powerful objects? Like an Alpha's claws?" Nova asked making Deaton look over at her, "Which Alpha?"

"Talia Hale." Lydia said making them all look over at her, "Peter had them in this wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?" She asked and Nova nodded, "It was." Nova said.

"How do you know?" Scott asked and Deaton and Nova looked at each other for a moment, "Because we made it." Deaton said.

"Derek's got the triskele box. He's gonna meet us." Nova said after getting off the phone with Derek. Suddenly Lydia started to sway and fall back making Nova and Scott instantly reach out to grab her, "What's wrong?"

"Something happening." Lydia said looking at all of them, "I had this sudden rushing feeling, like we're running out of time."

"Yeah." Stiles said making them all turn to see a Kira and a very pale Stiles with dark circles around his eyes, "Yeah, I kind of got that feeling too."