Ch. 42 - RIDDLED

Nova's outfit

Chapter Forty-Two🦊 Riddled 🦊

Chapter Forty-Two
🦊 Riddled 🦊

Flashes of a bloody foot, trapped in a bear trap. The atmosphere all around was cold, very cold. The only thing heard was sound of heavy breathing until a voice started speaking. "Scott, I don't I don't know where I am. I don't know how I got here. I think was sleepwalking." They spoke in a whisper, but also sounded like they were speaking through the phone.

"It's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my-"
Flashes of a man wrapped in what looked like old bandages head to toe with sharp silver teeth. "I don't know. I don't know, It's too dark. I can't see much and something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something. And it's.. I think it's bleeding." The sound of a bear trap snapping was almost deafening.

"Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering."

"Please, don't call him. Come find me. You can do it. He doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find me."

Nova shot out of bed with a gasp, her hands shaking, blinking rapidly as she breathed heavily. "Violet? What's wrong?" Derek asked calmly, getting out of bed and walking over to her, grabbing her hand. She continued to breath heavily, remember everything she heard and saw. "Violet." Derek said, making her look at him and then finally she snapped out of it and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god." She said the pulled away, rushing to put a sweater and some shoes on, "Stiles. Stiles is in trouble. I need- I-I need to."

"Hey." He said, gently grabbing her arms. cutting her off making her look at him, "You need to take a deep breath. You can't help him if you have a panic attack." He said calmly and she nodded and took a deep breath trying to calm herself down. "Where is he?" He asked and she shook her head.

"I-I don't know."

🦊

Scott and Isaac ran into Stiles' room, stopping when they saw Lydia, Aiden and Nova already there. "How did you know? Did he call you too?" Scott asked, "I heard it." Lydia said and Aiden shook his head, "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask." He said then they looked over at Nova, "I dreamt it. But, nothings more confusing as this." She said and they parted to show Stiles bed.

A pair of scissors had been stabbed in the middle of the mattress and there was a bunch of red strings tied to. Each string was connected to something on the walls. "He uses red for unsolved cases." Lydia said looking back at Scott. "Maybe he thinks he's apart of an unsolved case." Aiden suggested. "Or is an unsolved case." Isaac said.

"Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?" Lydia asked looking at Scott, "He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent." Scott said, "What else did he say?"