ruby red

It all happened in a blur, too quick to even distinguish.

Minnie wasn't even sure what happened, but the minute her consciousness kicked in, she backed away from Miyeon, who was in a large state of fear and confusion.

"Miyeon, I---" Minnie was at a loss for words. The taste of Miyeon's lips, a bright strawberry, was ringing in her mind. She felt fearful, although exhilarated, like she should have done that a long time ago.

Her multitude of emotions were cut off when her body seared in pain, bringing her down to her knees. Miyeon looked at her worriedly, as Minnie writhed in pain, screaming as the numbers of the timer were being etched into her skin.

24:00:00, the bold letters appeared on Minnie's left wrist, counting down the time before she would fall from heaven.

Minnie couldn't move; she could barely breathe either. It was all too much for her, the voices in her head, the immense desire and joy she felt after Miyeon's lips touched hers, like a sugarcoated drug being injected into her arm, running through her veins, and the realization that everything she's ever stood for is now over.

"You have twenty-four hours." Miyeon whispered, pointing at Minnie's wrist, which was now counting down.

"Miyeon, I'm so sorry, really." Minnie looked at Miyeon, hurt in her eyes, like she was begging for clarity. At least if Miyeon didn't hate her, she could die happily.

It was funny, how Miyeon could sense exactly what the girl was feeling, even without her saying a word. Miyeon pulled the distraught girl into her embrace, hugging her like her life depended on it, because it does. No one ever knew what happened to fallen angels.

"It's alright. I love you, Min. Thank you for everything. I'll see you in court, the place where you'll be sent away. ." Miyeon informed, her voice withstanding and unreadable.

Miyeon disappeared in a flash, leaving Minnie standing there, in all of her demise. She wasn't sure what the hell she was feeling, but she was certain that she didn't regret it. Not one bit.

Although it was now dark, Minnie walked up the path towards Shuhua and Yuqi's self-made workshop, where there were books upon books about Hell; how it works, the transfer of souls, and myths and legends about who rules it.

Shuhua and Yuqi had decided their own career choice, rather than waiting until they turned 18, which would have forced them into specific angel studies, when Hell had all of the good stuff, or so Yuqi said.

Minnie thought it was very brave of them to follow that career choice, especially since Hell was such a controversial topic, and it was heavily looked down upon. Regardless, Shuhua and Yuqi had managed to successfully create their own business, SHUQI CORP, which specialized in hell-raised tasks.

The two girls were probably the most versed on Hell in their town, a surprising fact since they were both so young; that's where dedication gets you.

Minnie walked into the shop, chiming the bell that rested on top of the door. She could see Shuhua with her circularly framed glasses and her signature olive green trench coat; she was in the middle of creating an informative PowerPoint for their newest client, that would be shown around all of the schools in town.

Shuhua looked up from her computer, a shade of red, no doubt. "Min, what brings you here? You weren't supposed to come by until later, Yuqi is gonna be upset that she didn't have enough time to bake you a cake."

Minnie laughed, taking the seat besides Shuhua.

"Tell her it's alright. I have less time than I thought." Minnie spat, bitterly. She looked towards her wrist, the time was counting down as she spoke.