what is supergirl

This chapter feels kind of like a filler chapter, but I wanted to give more insight on Shuhua's relationship with her mother before I continue on with the story. I also like Tzuyu and Shuhua's friendship a lot so I wanted to write about them again too lol.

This isn't really important with the story, however I did throw some hints in here as to what will happen. Sorry, this is a poorly written chapter, I feel like the whole story plot is getting so dumb lmao

"Yeh Tian... Yeh Tian... Yeh Tian.."

The words kept repeating in Shuhua's head, as she held the countertop, stabilizing herself, as her hand burned in fury; she felt like she would black out any second.

Her knuckles turned a shade of white, contracting once she finally caught her breath, the blizzard of cold words stabbing her like shards disappearing in milliseconds.

"What does she have to do with this? Perhaps this is the reason for the change?" Shuhua asked herself.

When she was younger, her mother was a definitive role model for her; she was friendly, caring, and shared great morals.

During a certain point in time (that Shuhua has avid trouble remembering for some reason), her mother underwent a major personality change; the kind woman she once knew, turned into a cold hearted, work obsessed monster.

Her father was always neither here nor there, as he barely had any involvement in her life, minus the minimal attempts.

From a young age, Shuhua has always learned to never rely on people, ever. If you can't support yourself, there's a problem.

While she thoroughly enjoys being with Soojin, she decided that she needs to figure something out. She was really afraid of the thought of Soojin leaving her, like her mom basically did. She told herself that she would never live through that again.

Either she stays in Hell and finds a job--something else to support herself financially, or she goes back to Heaven.

The prophecy had thrown a huge wrench in her plans, of course, as she wouldn't be leaving anytime soon, especially after knowing now that her prosecutor of a mother was involved in some shady stuff.

Miyeon was set to come back any day now, as she was left to figure some things out from up there. Shuhua sighed, playing with her silver banded ring.

"I hate sitting here like this, while Soojin works." Shuhua thought.

Assuming the lifestyle of fending for herself, Shuhua had never heard of boredom, or a free ride. She spent tons of time studying, or even working for dinner, since her mother left her minimal money while she spent multiple years on frequent business trips, keeping her infamous agenda afloat, as her child suffered.

She made a pact to never tell anyone about her family unless she had to.

So as she sat down at the kitchen counter, she felt a sense of boredom reel over her, a foreign feeling. It wasn't fulfilling to practically live with Soojin if she wasn't moving or contributing to something in some matter.

She heard the door knock, ignoring it once, but whoever was behind it was insistent.

"Open up, Shu!" A voice boomed out, as Shuhua ran to the door, immediately recognizing her friend's voice.

"Tzuyu? Why are you here? And why do you look like you work in an office? Aren't you rich?" Shuhua asked so many questions, while Tzuyu ran over to the couch, her heels clicking on the tile, as she sat down.