Ch.20

With Trollex: 

The group of four was waiting in the visitor lounge, ready to leave in bubbles. 

They had just arrived at Volcano Rock City, the Vibe City UFO hovering just above it, close enough so they could float down in bubbles with ease but far enough so they weren’t in the way. 

The King and Queen of Funk walked into the lounge, smiling as they spoke to their son. 

“Alright Darnell, you’re in charge of the tribe while we’re gone” said Quincy. 

“And remember to be careful, and that we will always love you and your brother” said Essence, smiling gently as she gave Prince D a kiss on the cheek. 

Prince D chuckled, smiling up at his parents. 

“Don’t worry about me, I know what to do. You two should be the ones being careful considering you're about to meet this ‘King’ Krill guy” said Prince D. 

Quincy and Essence both exchanged worried looks before nodding. 

“We know, son. But don’t worry about us. If something happens, just know that your mother and I love you and Cooper very much. We’ll be back as soon as this mess is over” said Quincy, smiling reassuringly down at his son. 

As the royal Funk family exchanged hugs, Trollex couldn’t help but regret bringing the other tribes into this mess. This was his fault in the first place.

Maybe if he had actually fought against Krill and won, then he wouldn’t have to be on this journey to learn what it really meant to be a good leader. 

Coral Blush would still be with his family, the Techno Trolls would all be happy and colorful.

He and Beat would have still been best friends. 

Feeling his eyes beginning to brim with tears, Trollex turned away from the others so he could wipe them away. 

He didn’t want everyone to see that he was crying again. 

“Alright everyone, let’s head on down. I’m sure Queen Barb has been waiting long enough for our arrival” said Quincy, smiling as he turned to the two Pop Trolls and two Techno Trolls. 

Poppy cheered excitedly as Branch crossed his arms and nodded in agreement. 

Coral cheered in excitement, zipping around Trollex quickly. 

Trollex was startled as he quickly turned back around after making sure his eyes were showing no evidence that he was, or had been, crying. 

Essence turned to her son and nodded, giving him the signal to summon the bubbles so they could fly on down to the volcanic island. 

Prince D nodded before dancing a little tune on a large, colorful floor keyboard that was nearby. 

This caused three separate bubbles to form around the group. Poppy and Branch in one, Essence and Quincy in another, and Trollex and Coral in the third. 

Prince D waved the group off as they exited the large UFO, floating down and seeing that they had been hovering just offshore, near Volcano Rock City. 

Seeing the large, vast ocean again made Trollex miss Techno Reef even more. Were there any Techno Trolls left down there? Or had they all gone to Pop Troll Village searching for someplace safer to live, ever since Krill became the new King of Techno?

Trollex shook his head and rediverted his attention to the giant volcano ahead of them. 

Coral was smiling excitedly, unable to wait until he’s reunited with his parents again.