Ch.29

With Trollex: 

Trollex was still sitting on Essence’s back with his arms wrapped around her neck in a tight hug, the Queen of Funk walking through the large city of Rock Trolls, smiling gently. 

Essence took a deep breath before exhaling. 

“Some fresh air will do you some good Trollex. You should try breathing in the fresh air instead of trying to hide your face in the fur of my neck” chuckled Essence, trying to lighten the mood. 

Trollex responded by tightening his hug, nuzzling his face further into her soft fur. 

Essence sighed, now frowning. 

She was intentionally walking away from the large outdoor auditorium, as to avoid the young king getting bombarded with millions of questions from his tribe. 

The last thing he needed was more stress and worry. 

There were several Rock Trolls who were also walking around, most of them minding their own business. The entire tribe had been instructed to stay away from the large outdoor auditorium, unless they were playing in the ‘concert’. 

Some gave the Queen of Funk confused glances, seeing that Trollex was riding on her back and trying to hide his face in the fur of her neck. Those who were outside had seen Krill disappearing into the mouth of the volcano, so they knew that the Dark Industrial Cyberpunk Techno Troll was dead. They had no idea about what happened to Beat, though. 

Essence glanced around the city, deciding to look around and see what the Rock Trolls had to offer. She, and the other leaders, never had the chance to explore the other towns and villages because they needed to get repairs done before welcoming any visitors. 

There were several clothing stores and cafes scattered around. Most of the buildings were apartments, and further in the distance was a house district, one of the houses being bigger than the rest. The biggest one probably belonged to Barb and her father, the two being the royal family. 

Essence glanced around some more and spotted two of the Bounty Hunter groups, the ones that Branch managed to convince to help save music. 

The K-Pop Gang and the Reggaeton Gang.

They were walking in the opposite direction as Essence, having come from one of the cafes. 

As they walked past, the leader of the Reggaeton Gang glanced up at Essence, curious as to why she was here without her husband. It puzzled him even more after noticing the King of Techno with her. 

“Hola Queen Essence, what brings you to Volcano Rock City?” asked Tresillo, stopping in his tracks. 

The others stopped when the Leader of Reggaeton halted in his tracks, also glancing over at the Queen of Funk in confusion. 

The Leader of K-Pop, Wani, gasped. 

“Oya mā ̄ ! It’s a pleasure seeing you again after the World Tour incident, but what brings you here?” asked the blue haired K-Pop Troll. 

Essence had stopped and turned to them, although she hoped to walk by unnoticed. 

She sighed and shook her head. 

“It’s a long story, but I’m sure someone will explain it to you if you ask around. Trollex here is distressed and worried because his friend was hurt badly. I had to get him out of the hospital for some fresh air to help calm his nerves” explained Essence, glancing down at the bright neon blue Techno Troll hiding his face in the fur of her neck, refusing to look up.