(A/N) & References 2

HellOOOOO everyone! (^w^)/

I’m happy to announce the end of the sequel! 

Now, before I get on with the references, I’d like to ask your opinion. 

I was thinking of doing a little Spinoff with Barb and Riff. 

If it wasn’t already evident during the sequel, I sort of ship them together because I think they make a cool pair. I was trying to hold back, but sometimes I couldn’t help it, and I accidentally let it slip. 

I’m hoping to finally get it out of my system, unable to shake the feeling that I need to do it and share it with all of you. 

Basically, this takes place after the sequel, of course. Riff is graduating, but he somehow fails, and because of this he can no longer be Barb’s right-hand Troll since he had been working with her for extra credit. Barb starts investigating as to why he didn’t graduate, all the while trying to keep him from giving up on all hope. 

Please tell me what you think. I would like to do the spinoff because it’s been bugging me for an entire week since I thought of it. 

If yes, then I will be publishing the spinoff in this story, just so I don’t create an all new separate story for something that would probably be around 10 chapters long. 

Now then, on to the references!!!

Ch.2: The paintings are a reference to the ones from Star vs the Forces of Evil, with the paintings of all the queens. At the same time, it’s a reference to the painting of Charlie with her parents from Hazbin Hotel. I thought it would be cool for Trollex’s family to do something like this, having three separate paintings of each of the royals of each generation. The first painting is when the royal would get married, the second is when they would have their child, and the third would be when their child gets crowned, and then the cycle will repeat for the new generation. 

Ch.3: The fountain is a reference to Rose’s fountain from Steven Universe. Instead of a Troll statue being on top, it’s a stone rose statue that’s the water distributor. 

Ch.4: When Beat shows up suddenly and is glaring at Trollex, I can imagine hearing like a dramatic horror movie sound effect, like a bunch of brass instruments playing one quick and loud note. I also have Cloud Guy mention the Party Crashers, including Archer in an article called 'Cloud 9'. 

Ch.5: A quick reference to the wormhole from Trolls Holiday where Cloud Guy drives the Caterbus through one to get to Bergen Town. 

Ch.9: The part where Trollex pops his joints and glows up like a glowstick is a reference to a comic I saw on Instagram, created by biskottiny. I’d also like to mention that Riff is so far the only Rock Troll with blue eyes. There wasn’t any mention of it in his wiki, so I had to do a little more digging around and found a screenshot of the only scene where we get to see his eyes. All of the other Rock Trolls have eye colors like red, orange, or even yellow. 

Ch.10: Sky Toronto from The Beat Goes On is mentioned, along with the fact that his company designs hug time watches. 

Ch.13: Arthur’s outfit is a reference to the outfit Markiplier bought for Arthur Morgan in his Red Dead Redemption playthrough, mostly the shirt and vest. The mustache and hair is also referenced to this. 

Ch.14: The song that Riff sings a couple of lines of is Ozzy Osbourne’s ‘I Want You’. 

Ch.16: Judging by the names I came up with for the second generation tribe leader ancestors, I’d like you all to guess which tribe leader they were. Here’s a list of them all: Ora, Ignil, Mareen, Fralla, and Tex. The sixth one hadn’t mentioned their name in the notes, only the names of their friends. 

Ch.19: Another reference to Markiplier’s playthrough of Red Dead Redemption where he would accidentally drive the character’s horse into trees or rocks. I had Arthur running face-first into the cave wall, and then Delta mentioning that he had already done it twelve times before in the last month.

I believe that is all for references. If you feel there are any I have missed, please feel free to comment them. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the sequel as much as the main story, and I hope to write the final part with the spinoff here as well before I end it. 

Stay tuned for more updates and stories! (^w^)/