(A/N) and References

Helloooooo everyone! (^w^)/ 

I’m happy to say that this is the end of the first part of this story. 

But never fear!

This is NOT the end. 

I will be making a sequel and will be posting the chapters in this story so that I may keep it going. 

Basically, in the sequel, Riff discovers a way to help Beat get his Beat Drop abilities back. Trollex is determined to go on this journey to help his friend, despite Beat’s discouragement after having accepted his new life of not being able to drop any beats. Trollex will be going on this journey, accompanied by Poppy, Branch, Riff and Barb to try and help him. 

I don’t want to give too much away, so you’re just gonna have to wait and see (<w<)

Anyway, I’d also like to provide a list of all of the references I added to this story. Some of them you might have caught, but others maybe not. 

Ch.1: From the get-go, I decided to give Trollex a trident as a weapon. This is a reference to Aquaman, who is seen fighting with a trident in the 2018 Aquaman movie. The battle between Trollex and Krill is also a reference to Black Panther, where the main character tries to fight the main antagonist and loses. Also, Krill’s name is based off of the crustacean, the krill. Its name derives from the Norwegain word, ‘krill’, which means ‘small fish to fry’. 

Ch.2: I wanted to add some creatures, like the Finders-Keepers creatures from 'Trolls: The Beat Goes On'. I also had Branch mention Dr. Moonbloom and Dr. Plum Plimsy, the latter being mentioned but not seen in the show. 

Ch.3: I mentioned Hair-Jitsu, also from the TV show. I also added several other characters in this chapter, like Milton, Creek, and Sky Toronto, these three being seen in the TV show as well. 

Ch.8: I decided to give Coral Blush a small role in this story, considering we barely see much of the Techno Trolls in the movie. I also knew how some people were disappointed when the Party Crashers didn’t appear in the second movie, not even being mentioned at all. I decided to add them in, to give them a fair role in the story, and came up with as to why they were absent after we see them for the last time in the show. 

Ch.9: I couldn’t help but have Branch call Guy Diamond an egotastic maniac. 

Ch.11: It was revealed that Poppy was indeed scrapbooking their entire adventure. I forgot to mention this a couple of times, but she had been updating whenever she had the chance. 

Ch.13: And here we have the million dollar question that probably everyone is asking. Does Hickory and Dickory have a sibling named Dock? Considering the two were named after a nursery rhyme, I would imagine they would. I, or course, don’t know the answer like everyone else, so I intentionally have Hickory interrupted, stopping him from revealing if they did. Also, Dickory’s name is also a reference to how much of a dick he is, and even Hickory was about to call him that before he was interrupted.  

Ch.14: In this chapter, I have Delta send out two of her Country Trolls to look for Beat. Growley Pete and a character named Dutch. This character is a reference to Dutch Van Der Linde, from Red Dead Redemption. I also have two other characters based off of the characters from Red Dead Redemption in this chapter. Arthur and John being a reference to Arthur Morgan and John Marston. 

Ch.15: Arthur and John, still referenced to Red Dead Redemption, appear again in this chapter. I also mentioned DJ Suki and her niece, CJ Suki in this chapter. DJ Suki never got mentioned, or even appeared in the second movie, which I image would disappoint her fans.