Sequel Ch.8

With Trollex: 

The Techno Troll and two Pop Trolls had travelled pretty far down the raging river before the water had begun to calm down to a slow trickle. 

Spotting a small beach-like shore up ahead, Trollex swam over to Poppy and Branch and grabbed their arms before swimming them over to the shoreline. 

A minute later and the two Pop Trolls were coughing up water that they had swallowed in their lungs, Trollex laying on his back and breathing hard as the adrenaline rush died down. 

Trollex then sat up quickly, remembering that Beat was in his satchel the entire time. 

Opening his satchel, Trollex sighed in relief when the Beat Drop Button fish quickly zipped out of the bag, worried and panicked about what had been going on just minutes before. 

“What the heck just happened!? One minute we were running for our lives out of the tunnel of acidic fungi and the next we’re suddenly in a raging river and almost drowning!? Well technically we can’t drown, you and me Trollex, BUT THE OTHERS WERE!” said Beat, floating around to make sure the two Pop Trolls were alright. 

After doing a quick headcount, Beat narrowed his eyes, seeing that they were missing two heads. 

“Where are Riff and Barb?” asked Beat suspiciously, slowly turning to Trollex as Poppy and Branch lay on the sand, catching their breaths.

Trollex sighed and shook his head, looking away. 

“Oh no...they drowned didn’t they? Oh my gosh I knew coming down here was a horrible idea! Now the Rock Trolls don’t have a queen and right-hand Troll because THEY’RE DEAD!” exclaimed Beat in horror, unable to believe that the two Rock Trolls would be dead. 

“What? No, no, no! They’re not dead, we just got seperated is all! There was a fork in the river and they went down the right path while we went down the left. I just...I hope they’re alright…” explained Trollex, muttering the last part as he glanced away. 

Beat sighed in relief, chuckling. 

“Well that’s a relief. And here I was, about to have a heart attack thinking two of our friends might have drowned” said Beat, smiling. 

Trollex sighed and looked away, unable to shake the feeling that he could have done more to help them.  

There was nothing he could have done though, the river being too strong and fast, even for him. 

Even with Speed Skip. 

“There’s nothing we can do left than keep going. We can only hope Barb and Riff will be alright, seeing that they had just been arguing just minutes before we got separated” said Branch, standing up and dusting himself off. 

He then quickly rushed over to his girlfriend and helped her up as well, quickly checking her over to be sure she was alright and uninjured. 

“Branch, I’m fine. We should be more worried about navigating through these tunnels. Riff has the map and notebook so we don’t know where to go or what to expect” said Poppy worriedly, resting her hands on her hips. 

She then gasped.

"Oh NO! Riff's arm was burned badly by the acid!" exclaimed Poppy, recalling what had happened that caused them to run.

Trollex and Beat gasped, also recalling what happened.

Branch slapped his forehead and groaned in aggravation. 

“Dang, you’re right! Hope Barb knows how to treat burn injuries. Now, let’s see. We went through the tunnel of acidic fungi and fell into the much larger ravine that Riff mentioned. The only other thing he mentioned was a giant cave dwelling scorpion creature. Hope we don’t run into it, if it’s real” said Branch, crossing his arms.