Sequel Ch.2

With Trollex:

The King of Techno was in the training field just behind the palace. It was a large open space that had a bunch of practice dummies made of coral.

Trollex had begun practicing with his new trident that he made during the Krill incident. He wanted to improve his skills with a trident so he could be more ready, incase he ever needed to fight something. 

Unlike after his mother’s death, though, Trollex wasn’t pushing himself as hard as he used to before he met Beat. 

As Trollex twirled his trident in one hand, he glanced around and saw that most of the coral dummies were destroyed. 

He sighed and stopped twirling the trident, holding it in one hand as he swam over to the side of the field. 

He had been practicing since lunch, two hours straight with no break. He didn’t want to push himself and end up pulling a muscle or something. 

“Would you like me to clean up the broken ones and put the rest away?” asked one of the palace assistants who had been watching Trollex. 

“Are you sure? I can just do it myself” said Trollex, not wanting to shift the chore over to someone else. He had been the one to practice his fighting skills, and he felt that he should be the one to put everything away afterwards. 

The palace assistant smiled and nodded. 

“I don’t mind. You just take a break and relax. You could use it, after the Techno Rave Party you hosted last night…” said the helper, smiling at first, but then frowned. 

Trollex looked away, feeling his anger inside of him begin to bubble. 

He shook his head and pushed the feeling down, hiding it with a smile. 

“If you insist. I’ll go see how Beat is doing. Do you know where he is?” asked Trollex, cocking his head to the side and raising an eyebrow. 

The assistant frowned before shaking her head.

“No, but I think he might be in your room. Last I saw, he was swimming down the hall in that direction. He looked pretty troubled too, like something was on his mind. It was as if he was zoned out and on autopilot” said the assistant, swimming over to one of the coral dummies and picking it up. 

Trollex felt a hint of worry creep up his spine, but he just shook it off and chalked it up to Beat just thinking about something important. 

“Alright, thanks” said Trollex, turning and heading back inside the palace to go find the Beat Drop Button fish. He could have just swam through his bedroom window to get back inside more quickly, but he felt like stretching his fins after having just trained with his trident, so he decided to swim all the way around to the front.

Swimming through the large double doors of the palace, Trollex found himself in the large foyer. The ceiling was high and there was a large coral chandelier that would glow up in the dark. The foyer was also large and circular with two sets of stairs that winded up and around to the second floor. The only reason why there had been stairs built was to act as a design element, to make the palace seem more homey. 

Going down the main center hallway that led in the direction to his room, Trollex couldn’t help but glance up at all of the family portraits that had been painted and hung on the wall going down the hall. 

They were all lined up in order, from the very first King and Queen with their child and Beat Drop Button fish all the way to the most current painting, which was of Trollex and his parents with their Beat Drop Button fishes.