Spinoff Ch.4

With Barb: 

The Queen of Rock had walked all the way to Riff’s house, the male Rock Troll living just down the street from herself and her father’s house. 

Barb smiled, knocking on his door. 

She couldn’t wait to tell him the news that someone had sabotaged him. 

Wait until the dean got word of this as well, she would immediately apologize for the mistake and allow Riff to graduate. 

Barb knocked on the door again, after a couple of minutes of waiting. 

She stood there, his hands on her hips as she began getting impatient. 

She sighed in annoyance. 

“Come on Riff, it’s me, Barb” called Barb, a little annoyed that he was ignoring her. 

She stood outside, her arms crossed. 

Getting even more impatient, Barb knocked on the door a little louder. 

“RIFF! Come on man, it’s me! If you don’t let me in, I’m going to kick open this door!” called Barb, feeling her anger and impatience begin to bubble over. 

Still no answer. 

Rolling her eyes, Barb took a step back, preparing herself before kicking the door open with all of her strength. 

The door burst open, slamming against the wall behind it. 

Taking a step inside, Barb immediately took note of how dark it was inside. 

“Riff? Are you here? I warned you about not letting me in, so it’s not my fault if I broke your door” called Barb, walking in slowly as she looked around. 

No answer or response. 

A little worried, Barb walked over to the coffee table, looking around to see if she can find any sign of the male Rock Troll. 

“Riff…?” called Barb, but not as loud as she had before. 

She glanced down at the coffee table and saw Riff’s drum sticks, the ones he always used when playing his drums. 

Barb was shocked to see them here. 

She picked them up and examined them for a minute before looking around the room. 

She saw what appeared to be an empty guitar holder on the wall beside the sofa. 

On the small table beside the sofa was a photo. 

Barb walked over to the photo and picked it up. 

It was a photo of Riff with his parents, the three smiling for the camera. Riff was holding what appeared to be a black metal exotic axe guitar, and he wasn’t wearing his hat over his eyes, revealing their bright blue color. 

Barb knew that he hadn’t spoken to his parents since he started working with her for college credit. She also knew that Riff started wearing his hat over his eyes when he was younger, meaning he probably only wore his hat this way for the photo. 

He just never really told her why he hadn’t spoken to them. 

Now more worried than she had ever been, Barb looked around the room, placing the photo and drum sticks down on the small table. 

Quickly checking the entire house over for any sign of the male Rock Troll, Barb felt her anger and annoyance diminish entirely, being replaced with a new feeling deep inside of her.