Sequel Ch.10

With Trollex: 

The group of four were trekking through the underground caves, doing their best not to get lost or run into anything that could kill them. 

Branch was sketching out his own map, wearing a headlight as he walked. 

“Ok, by the looks of it….we’ve already been here” said Branch, a blank look on his face as he looked up from his map. 

Poppy groaned in annoyance while Trollex sighed. 

“Seriously?” asked Trollex, feeling his entire hope drain. 

Branch examined the map he had been sketching, the thing half done with several notes and little symbols indicating landmarks all over it.

“Yup. I made sure to sketch that specific stalactite and stalagmite formation down. See how they look like a mouth full of sharp pointy teeth? We’ve walked through here, maybe half an hour ago? Hard to tell time when we’re deep underground” said Branch, glancing back up at the three. 

Beat sighed, shaking his head. 

“Man, I’m exhausted” muttered the Beat Drop Button fish, feeling his eyelids grow heavy. 

Trollex saw this, gasping and quickly catching Beat before he could fall onto the ground. 

Holding him gently in his arms, Trollex made sure to check his heartbeat for a solid minute before sighing in relief, seeing that he was still alive. Last time he checked for Beat’s heartbeat to see if he was alive, it was after Krill burned in the volcano. He was so worried that his best friend might have died. 

“He just fell asleep. He must have been more exhausted than he thought” said Trollex, smiling gently as he held the Beat Drop Button fish in his arms. 

“Aww, that’s so cute!” exclaimed Poppy, unable to help it. 

Seeing Trollex holding a sleeping Beat gently in his arms reminded her of herself and her father, how former King Peppy would hold her gently in his arms when she was just a baby. 

Trollex chuckled, shrugging. 

“Do you think we should take a break and get some sleep before we keep going?” asked Trollex, glancing over at Branch. 

“Hmm...yeah, you’re right. We could use some rest. Ok, we’ll set up camp here then” said Branch, nodding in agreement as he folded up the map he had been making as they travelled through the caves, stuffing it into his backpack. 

Poppy then recalled something, perking up. 

“Oh! Branch, remember the new hug time watches that Sky Toronto released?” asked Poppy, turning to her boyfriend. 

Branch nodded, raising an eyebrow. 

“Yeah? What about them?” he asked, not getting the point. 

“They can tell us what time of day it is!” exclaimed Poppy, smiling as she looked down at her hug time watch. 

Branch sighed and shook his head. 

“Poppy, they can’t tell the time” said the King of Pop, taking off his backpack and walking over to her. 

Trollex floated over, curious to see what the Queen of Pop was getting at. He had never really understood why the Pop Trolls had hug time every hour on the dot. What if someone didn’t like hugs, or nobody wanted to hug them? 

“Well, Branch, these new hug time watches CAN tell the time. Just not the actual time of day, but the amount of hug times are left IN the day” said Poppy, booping the little flower bud on her hug time watch.