Sequel Ch.11

With former King Thrash:

The elder Troll woke up suddenly, gasping as he clutched his heart, sitting up and trying to catch his breath. 

He had just had a dream that his daughter and her right-hand Troll fell into a deep ravine after being chased by a giant bat-like creature in an underground maze of caves. 

It had felt so real, as if he had been there, watching. 

Fearing that the two might be in trouble, former King Thrash tried getting out of bed, but fell onto the floor after trying to reach for his wheelchair. 

The thumping sound of him falling caused Essence to wake up, the Queen fearing that something might have happened to the elder Troll. 

Essence had been sleeping in one of the guest rooms, the room being located just down the hall from former King Thrash’s. 

Worried, Essence quickly got out of bed, making her way over to former King Thrash’s room to see if he was alright. 

She quickly knocked first before entering, gasping when she saw the former king climbing into his wheelchair. 

“Former King Thrash! What are you doing? It’s late, you should be asleep right now” said Essence, helping the former king into his wheelchair, checking him over to make sure he wasn’t hurt. 

“My daughter, she’s in trouble!” exclaimed former King Thrash worriedly, guiding his wheelchair out of his room and going down the hallway to the stairs/ramp. 

Essence was confused, worried as she began following him to make sure he didn’t get hurt. 

“What do you mean? Was it like a bad dream? I’m sure your daughter is fine. She has her friends to help, plus she’s capable of taking care of herself and others” said Essence gently, trying to convince the former king that everything was alright, although she had a feeling that she was wrong. 

Former King Thrash frowned, shaking his head as he guided his wheelchair down the ramp that had been built specifically for his wheelchair, the Queen of Funk walking down the stairs beside him. 

“No, it felt like I was there, watching her and Riff fall into a deep ravine. They were being chased by a large beast-like bat. It was horrible to watch. I fear they might be in trouble” explained former King Thrash, getting to the bottom of the ramp and turning to the Queen. 

Essence gasped. 

“Were the others with them? Why didn’t they help?” asked Essence, fearing that maybe this nightmare was actually real. 

Former King Thrash shook his head, frowning sadly. 

“No, it was just the two of them. Please, we have to go find them, I need to make sure my daughter and her right-hand Troll are alright” said the former king, unable to contain all his worries and fears. 

Essence could see the pain in his eyes, knowing exactly how it felt to think you had lost a child, like when Cooper’s egg was stolen from them. 

Essence thought for a moment before nodding. 

“Alright, I’ll send a letter out to Delta and Trollzart to come here. Quincy will be coming to visit tomorrow anyway, so we’ll all be able to decide on what we should do. You’re in no shape to go down into the underground cave system, plus we don’t know where the entrance is anyway” explained Essence gently, walking around former King Thrash’s wheelchair and turning him around, pushing him back up the ramp so he could get back to bed. 

“But-” began the former king, wanting to argue back, but Essence interrupted. 

“No ‘buts’. I understand that you’re worried about your daughter, but right now, there’s nothing we can do to help. We can only hope that they’re alright. I promise you, your daughter WILL be fine” said Essence, smiling gently.