vii. alcohol and redecorating

real life

Ellijah flopped down onto his couch, throwing his head back to the backrest, a bored groan escaping his lips. it's been only a week since tour ended and he was already missing being up on stage. jumping around like nothing else mattered, and listening to his fans scream out lyrics at the top of their lungs.

now that he was without his tour, and Louis having just started his own, he was left in his flat with no one but himself and social media.

his eyes scanned his open flat, reminding him of the many fancy and overly expensive hotels he'd stayed in during his One Direction days and even in recent times. the kitchen and lounge room were just one large room, only being separated by the dining table and couch that were pressed up against each other dead smack in the middle. his bedroom was going off of the lounge room and the bathroom was right next to his room. an office near the front door and a spare room on the other side of the bathroom.

he decided he hated the layout of his furniture.

he also hated how sober he was on a friday night.

"alcohol and redecorating," Ellijah muttered to himself as he pushed up off the couch, "sounds like a plan."

it took him near six hours -- if you're including his breaks --, about five shots of vodka and a bottle of wine to get his lounge room and kitchen redecorated. his L shaped lounge couch was now moved closer to the tv, so you didn't have to have it turned all the way up just to hear the background music of a movie, let alone the talking. his dining table was still in the middle of the room, but this time he could have six chairs at it rather than the usual four.

the small island/bar in his kitchen was now cleared of the random papers and rubbish that had gathered up over the past week and the drawers, cupboards and even the fridge and office were cleaned out and tidied up. dull fairy lights were hung up around the lounge room, bedroom and office, and he moved his bed and dresser to where he originally wanted them when he first moved in.

with a clean flat and an overwhelming tiredness from the alcohol and sleep deprivation mixing together, Ellijah collapsed onto his bed and passed out, but not before sending Dominic Harrison a goodnight message with a spam of different hearts next to it.

a/n wish i was as productive as bored and drunk ellijah