19. die for the hype

day one.

the first day was pretty awkward. they spent their time messaging each other on Instagram instead of actually speaking. it was to be expected, though. they had only ever met once in person, backstage at Ellijahs last show where they sat on opposite ends of the room and didn't really speak, so they didn't really know how to start a conversation with the other. they felt like socially awkward fifteen year old's. it took Dom an hour to work up the courage to ask for the wifi password.

by time it was dark out, around nine thirty, Ellijah finally had enough of the silence and set his phone down for the first time in two hours and basically stomped his way into the kitchen. he went straight for the liquor cupboard above the fridge.

Dom placed his phone down, watching Ellijah - who was still in his minion pijamas - make his way around the kitchen. he grabbed wild turkey, vodka, a bottle of coke and another of lemonade and red cordial before dumping them all on the coffee table in the middle of the lounge.

"sit," he demanded after he sat on one end of the coffee table, "we're getting drunk and playing cliché American high school games from the movies."

Dom smiled at the green eyed boy, happy to finally do something other than sit on his phone, before moving to the floor and got comfortable on a couch cushion - that he snagged from the chair he'd been sitting on - on the other end of the coffee table.

"answer or drink or never have I ever?" Ellijah asked and before Dom could respond Ellijah gasped, "hold that thought," he hastily said, jumping up and quickly shuffling to his bedroom. he pulled out an identical pair of pijamas to the ones he had on but instead of minions it had the evil purple ones on it from despicable me 2.

"chuck these on," Ellijah said as he threw the clothes at Doms head, "whilst I make us some drinks. bathrooms right there - feel free to shower," he told Dom - who nodded and thanked Ellijah before going into the bathroom after getting some things from the room he was staying in.

half an hour later Dom was sat on his couch cushion opposite of Ellijah with a cup of Vodka, cordial and lemonade in his hand. Ellijah was drinking Wild Turkey and coke. they were also both in pijamas that were despicable me related. Ellijah found it a little amusing that two grown ass men were casually in child-like pijamas drinking pretty fucking strong alcohol and about to play answer or drink.

Dom took a mouthful of his drink, "alrighty, ask me a question, baby"

Ellijah ignored the butterflies he got from being called baby.

"okay, uhh..." Ellijah thought for a moment, taking in a mouthful of his drink as he thought. about a million questions he could ask ran through his mind before he let out a little "oh!" and asked, "cats or dogs?"

Dom laughed into his cup at the question and put it down on the table so he didn't spill it on himself as he fell back on the floor laughing, "out of all the questions, you ask that!?" Ellijah started to laugh too because, sure, it was a pretty stupid question.

"just hurry up and answer or drink, dickhead," Ellijah grumbled.

"okay, okay. sorry," Dom giggled a little. aw. "probably dogs."

Ellijah gasped, placing a hand over his heart as if he'd just been hurt there, "how dare you disrespect cats like that?!"

Dom just raised his hands in a fake surrender, "i'm sorry but its true."

Ellijah just rolled his eyes, though he was only playing around, and said, "your turn," and having a mouthful of his drink as Dom thought about what to ask him.