23. early departures

day five | part two.

laying breathlessly beside each other, fingers intertwined between them and sweaty chests heaving up and down. Ellijah giggled. he felt drunk, even though he was completely sober. drunk on happiness maybe? they hadn't even gone all the way. just fucked around, and maybe a rimjob was included. but it was still the best either ever had.

Dom felt a smile tug at his lips at the sound of Ellijah's giggle and squeezed his hand gently, already feeling guilty for what he was about to tell Ellijah.

"Eli," he mumbled out. Ellijah hummed and turned on his side to face Dom, who was already on his side. "i-i don't wanna seem like a... a hit it and quit it kind of guy, and im not, like, not at all, by the way... but i uh, i have to leave early... like, 4 in the morning tomorrow early."

"oh," Ellijah's smile dropped instantly. the guilt hit Dom full send the second it happened.

"i'm so, so sorry. all my meetings got moved up to tomorrow and in LA instead of London. if it was up to me they'd still be next week but-"

"lets dye your hair," Ellijah cut him off, a look Dom couldn't put his finger on in his eyes. Dom frowned. what?

"what?"

"lets dye your hair. whatever colour you want. the black and pink its getting boring now. we'll spend our last few hours together fucking your hair up."

Dom laughed at Ellijah and quickly pecked his lips, "alright. go out and buy some dye. surprise me, baby."

"yeah?" Ellijah asked excitedly.

"yeah," Dom nodded and laughed some more when Ellijah kissed him quickly before springing out of bed. he got himself cleaned up and changed into fresh clothes. blue jeans and a white "rolling stones" t-shirt.

three hours later, Dom was standing in the bathroom staring at his now bright red hair. Ellijah stood behind him with a large smile on his lips and arms crossed, proud of his work.

"i look like a strawberry."

"a hot strawberry."

"i look like a strawberry lipstick."

"that'd be a great song name."

"only you would say that. every second song is named after a fucking fruit."

"shut up, bitch."

"that's not a nice thing to say to the man who gave you one amazing blowjob."

"don't get too cocky," Ellijah whispered out, their faces so close their noses almost clashed. Dom inched forward causing their noses to actually touch and Ellijah's eyes to close on instinct. before Dom even had the chance to kiss Ellijah the boy accidentally blurted out three little words he'd had on his mind for the past five days.

"i love you," his eyes widened and he quickly stepped back from a shocked Dom with a hand covering his mouth. "i-i'm so sorry. i-i-i didn't mean to say that. just- yeah. sorry," he squeaked out and left the bathroom hastily, accidentally slamming the door behind him making himself jump. he went straight out to the veranda and flopped back onto the couch.

"fucking dickhead," he muttered to himself and ran his hands over his face. thirty minutes and a phone call to Louis later, the door slid open and Dom hesitantly walked out with Ellijahs guitar in hand. he sat down on the wooden bench over in the sun and started to play Wonderwall by Oasis.

"Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realised what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now."