The Letter- James Potter

Y/n walked downstairs to see a mostly calm Gryffindor common room. It was mostly calm except for four people. Those four people just happened to be the loudest people on the planet and they were the ones who were keeping everyone else from sleeping. Everyone else in the common room were fifth years studying for their O.W.L.S, which Y/n would have to do next year and seventh years studying for their N.E.W.T.S. The only people dumb enough to disturb the peace would be the four idiots who called themselves the marauders. They are sadly in the same year with Y/n.
James Potter was the so called leader of this group. He was arrogant, cocky, and always pining after Lily Evans. Y/n did not see what the big deal about Lily Evans was. Sure she is one of the girls with the highest grades, only because she is so good at the paper portion of Hogwarts. We all know that without Severus Snape she would be next to failing in potions. If she were ever in a duel she would be blasted to bits if it was unsupervised. Next is Sirius Black. The biggest player of the school. Only in fourth year and he's snogged almost everyone in his grade and some of the older grades. He's yet to snog Y/n or Lily and her friends. He is sarcastic, cocky, and the only good thing about him is his looks. You would have to be blind to not admit that Sirius Black is not a little hot. Then there was Remus Lupin. Everyone thought he was a good kid. But Y/n knew not to judge things by your first look. She knew that if he ever had to dabble in a prank he would make it more extreme than what James and Sirius could do. He is the brains of the operation, finding loopholes in the rules so when the marauders do prank they can't really get in trouble. Y/n respected Remus for the one reason of he never got caught being a prankster. And before anyone asks, yes Y/n knew about Remus' furry little problem. The last one was the one Y/n despised the most, Peter Pettigrew. Y/n hated him only because he could never come up with a thought on his own. He was a follower to the marauders. Always backing up with whatever James and Sirius sided in. That was all the things you need to know about The Marauders.
"What are you blunderheads doing! Some of us are trying to get some beauty sleep. We all know Black should be catching up on his," Y/n sarcastically remarked.
"I am offended! Prongs, do I really need more beauty sleep. You know what I am suddenly feeling tired. I'm going to bed," Sirius stated quite loudly.
"Sirius, no I need you to help me finish my love letter to Evans," James remarked equally as loud. Y/n knows what you are thinking if she really hates the marauders so much why is she calling them by their first names? She doesn't see the point in calling them by their last names. It's dumb which is probably why Lily does it.
"The point is some of us are trying to sleep and others are trying to stu- WAIT did you say letter? What type of letter? Don't tell me it's a love letter to Evans. Knowing you it probably is," Y/n remarked through fits of giggles.
"For your information, yes it is a love letter to Evans. It will confess my undying love for her and she will then become my girlfriend. It is the, wait why are you laughing? Stop laughing Y/n. Marauders stop laughing with her," James sat down with a huff. The rest of the marauders and Y/n were crying they were laughing so much.
"Ok, ok here let me take a look of what you got. Maybe I'll be able to help you not completely embarrass yourself," Y/n stated.
"Why would you help James with his letter to Evans? You hate her," Sirius remarked.
"I don't like Evans. You're right there. I do love seeing her be wrong though. The way her face scrunches up in frustration. Uhh makes my day," Y/n stated wiping away a fake tear with her other hand over her heart. She snatched the letter right out of James' hand and as soon as she was finished reading it she burst into fits of laughter. "This sucks," she said.
"It can't be that bad," James remarked trying to snatch the letter out of Y/n's hand but she pulled back.
"Oh it does. First of all don't call her Lilyflower she hates the name. Just Lily is ok. Second lilyflower doesn't rhyme with lily, it's not even close. Here can I make this a little bit better," Y/n quickly asked while James nodded his head gladly accepting the help. Y/n made a few quick adjustments. She gave it back to James and as he read it over his grin grew wider and wider. "Deliver it through one of the school owls, with a bouquet of daisies, they're her favorite. Don't thank me just go to bed to leave the students in here who are trying to study, to study in peace," Y/n said and she received thank you glances from the rest of the marauders. As Y/n walked up the stairs she couldn't help but pray that this letter didn't work. As much as she hated to admit it she had a crush on James Potter.
———————————————————————————
Author's Note: There will be a part two to this. It's in the workshop along with The Winter Moon part 2. I have a Severus Snape and a Peter Pettigrew, seperate stories, in the works too.
Bubbles and Bridges