Request- Hate then Love

Author's Note: Hey guys this was a request made by LadyKK20200. You'll see what happens in the story.
———————————————————————————
Y/n L/n walked towards the Hogwarts Express with determination in her stride. She was going to beat Lily Evans this year. It was their sixth year and people still can't tell the difference between them. They both have red hair, green eyes like emeralds, they're both close in height and they're both in Gryffindor which is not helpful.
Flashback:
It is really hilarious how they met actually. They were in their first year dormitories when they see each other for the first time.
"You have my hair," Lily exclaimed dramatically.
"Nuh uh, you have my eyes," you fire back.
"You're in MY dorm, with my dorm mates," Lily said.
"I'm in my dorm with my dorm mates," you say.
"Whatever, I'm Lily Evans. And you are," she asks walking up to you.
"I'm Y/n L/n, and I found a way for people to tell us apart," you say smirking.
"Oh yeah what is it," Lily asks angrily.
"I'm taller," you say.
"Psh no you're not," Lily says.
"Uh huh"
"Nuh uh"
"Uh huh"
"Would you two shut up, some of us are trying to get some beauty sleep," Marlene said.
"Sorry," you and Lily both say at the same time.
*End of Flashback
Starting since first year they would pass notes back and forth arguing over who is taller.
———————————————————————————
Lily's Notes that she sent
Your notes that you sent
(These are just the highlights of the best notes that were sent by you two to see who's taller)
Hey Pipsqueak
Who you calling Pipsqueak, shorty?
You, also I saw a rat that was taller than you
Oh so it must of been taller than you too. What'd ya have to look up to meet it's eyes? I know you have to do that with me
Wow I didn't know you didn't know the opposite from up and down
Shut up and get back to class
—————————————————————————
Notes like that one continued to circulate between Lily and you. Every year they are in competition for the top grades of the year. Everyone always groups them together which made the two learn to hate each other. They probably would of been best friends if they weren't always put together. The only people who can tell them apart are The Marauders. That's why she is best friends with them and Lily stays ten feet away from them whenever she can control it. She gets on the train and heads to the Marauders compartment. She sits down when she realizes her mistake. She's in Lily's compartment. Ugh, I have to get OUT! She rushes out and heads to the safety of the Marauders compartment.
*Time skip to Potions class*
"Welcome back class," Professor Slughorn says gleefully walking into the classroom. "Now before I start teaching I would like to assign partners, which will be located on this sheet," he says with a bright smile on his face as he puts a sheet of paper on the board. Students rush up to the board to find out their new partner.
Partners;
Lily Evans ad Y/n L/n
Marlene McKinnon and Remus Lupin
James Potter and Severus Snape
Peter Pettigrew and Bellatrix Black
Sirius Black and Lucius Malfoy
(Those are all the names I know. Sorry)
"Ugh her," Lily thought.
"Nooooooo, worst year of my life," Y/n mentally screamed.
All of the students begrudgingly sat by their partners.
'So we're partners. Look we should meet up after this class to go over the group project that Slughorn has assigned us," Lily said venom lacing her voice.
"Fine we both have free periods that last two hours," Y/n said. "But before we start this partnership may I ask why do you hate me so much," you questioned.
"I don't hate you, you hate me. The only reason I don't like you is because everyone puts us together," Lily said confusion evident on her face.
"I don't hate you either. Wait I don't like how people group us together either. I think we don't like each other because of everyone else. I think we'd be great friends you know once you admit I'm  taller," you said.
"I agree on the friends part but not the height part, I am obviously taller," Lily said jokingly.
"Not a chance," you said a smile gracing your features. With that comment the bell rang and that started the beautiful friendship between Lily Evans and Y/n L/n. That free period was spent more for the joy of laughter and hanging out then actually doing work. It was also the date an important feud was settled, it turns out that Y/n L/n was taller by half an inch. That is how people go from hating one another to loving one another.