The Letter- Part 3

Author's Note: So I'm not dead. I fell out of inspiration for this story and with COVID and school starting I couldn't find time to write. Seeing as how much people like this book I decided to get back to writing. I need more requests. Bridges isn't dead either and she also needs requests. She is working on a story and it will be out soon. I hope you enjoy this update. -Bubbles and Bridges
———————————————————————————
James tossed and turned in his bed, wondering why Y/n who seemed like she hated him since first year has a crush on him. "Mate, if you don't go to bed and stop messing around, I will give you a sleeping draught potion," Sirius threatened.
"I'm sorry," James said exasperated, "I just can't figure out why Y/n likes me."
"You arsehead she's always liked you, since first year. Her hating you was her way of showing feelings. Why do you think she helped you out with Lily? It's because she wants you to be happy. When she wrote that letter she was writing down her feelings for you," Sirius said.
"It makes sense now. I know I'm not going to get a good chance with Lily. With Y/n I feel different. I feel like it's only me and her and the rest of the world just blurs out. Planning for the date I didn't really think about Lily, I more so thought about Y/n and how I was so grateful for her help. I'm an idiot. I don't like Lily I like Y/n," James said with a look of realization on his face.
"Well duh, took you long enough," Remus said in a sarcastic tone.
"Go get your girl, James," Sirius said encouragingly.
"How," James said in a defeated tone.
"Do you not remember when she was helping you win back Lily? She said if this ever happened to her where a person had to confess their feelings for her she would want them to come sweep her off her feet at any time and just say I love you. Bring her favorite flowers and just hold her," Remus said.
"Her favorite flowers are hydrangeas," Lily said. "I should know I've been her roommate for a few years now."
"Why are you here," Sirius asked with a smirk on his face.
"Well you idiots aren't exactly quiet and I realized something today. Y/n likes you James and she helped you try to win me over. She cares for you. I payback my debts. She helped you win me over so I'm helping you win her over. Here go get your girl," Lily said handing James a bouquet of hydrangeas.
"Thanks. I hope we can still be friends," James said in an endearing tone.
"Obviously. Now go and sweep her off her feet," Lily said with a smile. At that James ran to the girls dormitory not caring about the charm that blocked him from going up. Sirius and Remus smiled at Lily silently thanking her. James would not be defeated by a stupid charm. He did the thing that he was great at to get her attention... he screamed his heart out. He hears an angry set of footsteps stomping down the stairwell.
"Would you shut-" Y/n was cut off by James picking her up and giving her a gentle kiss.
"Y/n, I was so stupid. I love you and I realized this while sitting in my bed in the dark. Will you be my girlfriend," James asked with hope in his eyes handing her the hydrangeas.
Y/n smelled the sweet aroma of the hydrangeas. "No," she said calmly. James looks down in defeat and then feels a soft pair of lips against his own. "Hey you blundering idiot, I was being sarcastic. Of course I'll be your girlfriend. It took you long enough to ask me," she said.
"Well I'm sorry. I'm just a little slow," James said sarcastically.
"That's ok," Y/n said. "Sirius, Remus, Lily you can come down now," Y/n said.
"We're sorry. We're just so happy you're finally together," Remus said. Y/n and James looked at each other adoringly.
"We should probably go get our beauty rest because heaven knows Black sure does need it," Y/n said jokingly.
"I take serious offense to that," Sirius said loudly.
"Well of course you take serious offense to that. You're Sirius mate," James said laughing.