The Letter Part 2

The next morning Y/n woke up with butterflies in her stomach. "James give the letter to Lily today. Oh shoot I wrote my feelings for James down. I have to stop him before he gives it to Lily," Y/n thought. She rushed downstairs to see James giving the letter to Lily. "I'm to late," Y/n thought. She looks up to see Lily grinning like the Cheshire Cat. "She likes it," she thought sadly.
"They're gonna be a cute couple because of you. You know that right," Peter said. She nodded solemnly. She feels a tap on her shoulder and she looks up to see Remus and Sirius with open arms and understanding looks on their face. Y/n walks in for a hug from them booth. She feels another presence enter the hug and then she hears his voice.
"Why are we all group hugging," James asked.
"We're just hugging as a thank you to Y/n because if it wasn't for her we'd have to hear you gripe about Evans for the next week," Sirius said throwing a wink in her direction.
"Oh by the way I came over to thank you because of you I have a date with my Lilypad on Saturday at Hogsmeade. So thank you," James said happily.
"Don't mention it," Y/n said as she rushed up the stairs to her dorm.
James went back to Lily to discuss the details over the date.
"I totally ship James and Y/n more that Evans and James," Remus said.
"We should help them get together," Sirius said. Remus nodded his thinking face on.
*The day before the date*
Sirius was in the boys dorm and Remus was with Lily in the library. Sirius was talking to James about his date outfit.
"You should definitely wear this. Girls like Lily love this kind of outfit," SIrius said as he handed James a pair of black joggers and a Gryffindor quidditch shirt.
"Are you su-," James asked but he was cut off by Sirius.
"Yes mate, I'm sure," Sirius said as he was leaving the dorm. When he was outside a devilish smirk graced his features.
*In the Library*
"So Lily I have some advice for your date with James tomorrow," Remus said.
"Oh thank you Remus. I don't want to mess it up," Lily said.
"Even though you've rejected him for the past four years? Never mind. So for your date with James; you should definitely arrive fifteen minutes late, dress overly fancy too, wear lavender perfume, lots of it, and one more thing wear a bunch of makeup," Remus said.
"Thanks for the advice I should go pull stuff out for the date," Lily said.
*Day of the date*
James was waiting at the front of the doors, the prearranged meeting place, and he was wondering where Lily was. Then he started having a sneezing fit. The only thing that made him sneeze that bad was lavender. Then he saw her. "Ew,' he thought. Lily came up with a bunch of makeup on her face, she was late which was probably the makeup's fault, she smelt like lavender, and she was dressed like a rich snob. Lily saw James with his hair even more unkempt and he was in basically pajamas. Lily and James instantly knew this date was not going to end well. They gave each other polite nods and made their way to the carriages, to find out all of them left. That meant that they had to walk two miles to Hogsmeade.
"We missed all the carriages," Lily pointed out.
"Maybe if you weren't fifteen minutes late we could catch a ride," James muttered under his breath.
"Really, you're putting the blame on me," ily questioned.
"Yeah I am, Miss. 30 minutes late," James said angrily.
"You know what you're still the same arrogant prat from first year. I'm not going on a date with you," Lily said. Lily and James both stormed off to the castle angrily. James entered the common room frustrated. Y/n saw this and instantly knew what was wrong. The date went awful.
"Come over here you big idiot. I'll help you win her back,"Y/n said kindly. As they were working and laughing at each other's awful jokes someone was watching them. Three people in fact. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin were watching and smiling in victory. Lily Evans was watching sadly. He loved her to early and she loved him to late. Y/n loved James because when you love someone you just want them to be happy. That's what Y/n wanted. Lily headed upstairs to take all this makeup off.
Once Y/n finished with James and he went to his dorm, Y/n fell back on the couch. She felt her head get lifted and placed on someone's lap, along with her feet. She sat up and saw Sirius and Remus.
"You know if you admit your feelings to us it'll feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders," Remus said knowingly.
"I like James Potter," Y/n said. She should have been more careful around who she said it around for her crush forgot something in the common room and overheard the short conversation. James went back to his dorm feeling awfully confused.